program the flash of TLE9879 with SWD

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi

I am currently working on a project that involves programming and interacting with the flash memory of an MCU using the SWD (Serial Wire Debug) interface. I was wondering if it is possible to utilize the SWD interface to invoke the routines available in the BootROM and perform various operations such as programming, erasing, and reading the flash memory.

Specifically, my goal is to establish a programmer that connects to the MCU via the SWD pins and allows me to efficiently program the flash memory, erase specific sectors, and read the contents. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide guidance on how to accomplish this.

I am particularly interested in understanding the steps involved in calling the appropriate registers or functions to execute the desired commands through the SWD interface. Additionally, if there are any relevant datasheets, documentation, or resources that you could kindly share with me, it would be of tremendous help in my development process.

Thanks
Mario

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @Mario_Gt 

Since SWD interface is not an Infineon Propriety, You can refer to the Arm documentation about the SWD interface for detailed explanation.The-Serial-Wire-Debug-Port--SW-DP 

We provide a BootROM UM as above attachment which describes the bootup and fw of the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinGuohui

Hi @Mario_Gt 

TLE9879 support UART and FastLIN BSL mode, can perform various operations such as programming, erasing, and reading the flash memory. For details, please refer to TLE987x_BootROM_UM-UserManual 

0 Likes
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi,国辉

Ok, so through SWD I can't execute any commands on the flash.
but can I via SWD to access the RAM? and what is the sequence.

Thanks 
Mario

0 Likes
LinGuohui

Hi @Mario_Gt 

Since SWD interface is not an Infineon Propriety, You can refer to the Arm documentation about the SWD interface for detailed explanation.The-Serial-Wire-Debug-Port--SW-DP 

We provide a BootROM UM as above attachment which describes the bootup and fw of the device.

0 Likes