program TLE 9879 using Config Wizard

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wph1995
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Hello everyone

I have only used the TLE9879 motor controller for a short time and it seems to me an excellent chip, but I want to avoid the use of registers (at least for now) to make its programming faster, I usually use the config wizard to make quick modifications to the peripherals but I still can't understand what all the parameters mean, Is there a programming manual for the TLE 9879 but in C/C++ language? or any user guide to configure the peripherals of the TLE9879 using the Config Wizard v2.X?.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @wph1995 

After creating a project in keil uvision, you may click  on the "books" tab shown as below: 

RupakC_0-1655719115449.png

Click on the SDK help. Next, explore the different options available on the TLE987x Device Family SDK. 
For example, Data Structures -> BDRV_Type will take you to the detailed description of the Bridge Driver. The following snippet shows the BDRV data field descriptions. 

RupakC_1-1655719540047.png

I hope this provides you with some help on your doubts. 

Regards

RupakC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
RupakC

Hi @wph1995 

You may look into the following videos for help regarding toolchain installation for Motix : 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/embedded-power-video-hub/videos/explore-embedded-...

Also, the following document should be helpful for programming for the TLE9879 : 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-FAQ_Software_and_Toolchain_for_MOTIX_Embedded_Power_ICs-Appli...

I hope the above links will be able to solve your doubts. In case you have more questions for us, we will be happy to help you . 

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes
wph1995
Level 4
Level 4

This information is fine, but I want to know if there are detailed descriptions of the peripherals configuration, for example, I want to configure the BDRV module in a personalized way, creating a new project in KEIL, but I cannot understand exactly how the module works and what parameters I must modify exactly for it to work, another example, if I want to configure the SSC module, where do I configure the SS pin so that the TLE9879 works in slave mode? all those details are important and I can't find any document that explains all that to you. Is there any extra information about it? or books?

0 Likes
wph1995
Level 4
Level 4

I have reviewed the examples they give for the configuration of the internal modules of the chip, and everything is already configured for the code to work correctly, but they do not describe what parameters are necessary to correctly configure the peripherals. I would like to know where there is information to be able to configure the internal modules of the TLE9879 and that they work correctly without depending on the examples

0 Likes
RupakC

Hello @wph1995 

After creating a project in keil uvision, you may click  on the "books" tab shown as below: 

RupakC_0-1655719115449.png

Click on the SDK help. Next, explore the different options available on the TLE987x Device Family SDK. 
For example, Data Structures -> BDRV_Type will take you to the detailed description of the Bridge Driver. The following snippet shows the BDRV data field descriptions. 

RupakC_1-1655719540047.png

I hope this provides you with some help on your doubts. 

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes
wph1995
Level 4
Level 4

Perfect, thank you very much, all the information helps a lot

0 Likes