Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi

Initially, everything went well when connecting the MCU using SEGGER. However, I accidentally programmed some data at the beginning of the flash memory, and now I cannot connect to the TLE9879 MCU using SEGGER.

I suspect the problem may be because the CPU is running code uploaded to flash. To try and fix this, I tried halt the CPU by accessing certain registers. While I can read all registers of the CPU, I have trouble writing to C_DEBUGEN and C_HALT at address DHCSR. Even after writing these values, the S_HALT bit remains at 0 despite the elapse of 5 seconds.

If anyone has a similar problem or has any insight on how to fix this please let me know.

Mario

7 Replies
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Mario_Gt,

Could you please share the J-Flash tool log for the connection sequence of TLE9879? Please also let us know what is the hardware setup. Are you supplying the 12V?

>>Incorrect operation of Flash may cause TLE9879 to enter sleep mode, so to wake up the device please follow the steps as mentioned:-

• Use MON1 as a wake-up source, and RESET as a wake-up trigger.
  •  For this purpose, connect the pin RESET with pin MON1.
  •  Set VS below 8V (the MONx threshold is defined as VS/2, RESET drives 5V max.).
  •  The output of RESET is fed into the MON1 and is recognized as a wake-up event.
  •  By this the device stays alive and can be re-flashed after the successful flash update, the connection between RESET and MON1 can be removed, and VS will rise again.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Two log file i have load to attach

Yes, i've used a power supply to generate a 12 volt and use a wire banana to connect board, previously i can connect to the board.

Ok, i will try to leave sleep mode and let you know if it's work

Thanks
Mario

0 Likes
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

After the wakeup sequence (I set the power supply to 8 volts, I took a jumper from P0.4 and put on the MON and RST pins, after that I set the RST pins to 4.7v, after a few seconds I took the jumpers off the MON and RST pins), same thing😣, I still can't connect to the target.

Mario

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Mario_Gt,

Please keep the jumper connected between MON and RST while the connection sequence is initialized. After it is programmed successfully then remove it.

Adding to my previous response to check if the device is in Sleep mode or not, please measure the VDDP & VDDC voltages. If they are zero then the device is in sleep mode.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Then my MCU might not be in sleep mode because my VDDP is 5V and VDDC is 1.5V. Is there any other reason for my situation?

Thanks
Mario

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Mario_Gt,

Please confirm if the 12V is supplied and debug port is connected, all the LEDs as shown below are ON for EVALkit.

Raj_JC_1-1690375094593.png

If yes and you are still not able to program then you can try to program through UIO stick by connecting Vs, Gnd, LIN and RESET pins. (This is an alternate to check if there is any issue with debug port)

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Yes, LEDs are the same.

My superiors told me try to buy the same TLE9879QXA40 MCU monolithic, and replace it, can be a good ideal

Thanks

Mario

0 Likes