Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mario_Gt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi

I am currently working with the evaluation board TLE9879 Evalkit V1.4, which utilizes an Arm Cortex M3 core.

Initially, I encountered no issues with halting the processor. I employed SWD to write into the DHCSR register with a value of 0xA05F0003, which successfully halted the processor. Upon re-reading, the register returned 0x010B0003 (halted state).

However, a recent development has presented a challenge. After running an application that may have introduced an error, I am unable to halt the processor. When I attempt to write into the DHCSR register with the same value of 0xA05F0003, it now returns 0x01090003 (not halted).

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice regarding the possible reasons for this change in behavior.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
Mario

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Mario_Gt,

Can you please elaborate the following:

However, a recent development has presented a challenge. After running an application that may have introduced an error.

What kind of application and is there any reference for this error.

We recommend you to refer the "Debug Stepping" section from ARM documents.

For any other queries we recommend you to contact Arm support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Mario_Gt,

Can you please elaborate the following:

However, a recent development has presented a challenge. After running an application that may have introduced an error.

What kind of application and is there any reference for this error.

We recommend you to refer the "Debug Stepping" section from ARM documents.

For any other queries we recommend you to contact Arm support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes