Tle9879

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jumpstronicam1
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi all !!

I am on the way to making an BLDC controller. Before starting on working on its code I want to know that do I need external controller to drive motor driver controller i.e TLE9879 or Can I use TLE9879 without using external mcu. Is TLE9879 is enough to contol BLDC motor.??

Its urgent kindly reply!!

Thanks in advance...!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Jumpstronicam1,

The MOTIX™ TLE9879 is a single-chip 3-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as field-oriented control.

In short "It doesn't require an external controller."

For getting started you can use following resources:

>> TLE9879 EVALKIT : The TLE9879 EvalKit offers complete evaluation of all functions and peripherals of the TLE9879QXA40 and allows direct connection to a BLDC motor via MOSFETS in B6- Bridge configuration, it includes: B6-Bridge for BLDC motor drive, UART and LIN for communication, direct access to all device I/Os and a J-Link debugger.

>> Sensorless Field Oriented Control with TLE987x

>> TLE9879QXA40_BLDC_FOC_SENSORLESS (TLE9879 Evalkit) example code in Keil.

Please, let us know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Jumpstronicam1,

The MOTIX™ TLE9879 is a single-chip 3-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as field-oriented control.

In short "It doesn't require an external controller."

For getting started you can use following resources:

>> TLE9879 EVALKIT : The TLE9879 EvalKit offers complete evaluation of all functions and peripherals of the TLE9879QXA40 and allows direct connection to a BLDC motor via MOSFETS in B6- Bridge configuration, it includes: B6-Bridge for BLDC motor drive, UART and LIN for communication, direct access to all device I/Os and a J-Link debugger.

>> Sensorless Field Oriented Control with TLE987x

>> TLE9879QXA40_BLDC_FOC_SENSORLESS (TLE9879 Evalkit) example code in Keil.

Please, let us know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes

Thank you Raj_JC.

Got it.

0 Likes