TLE987xQX

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Stefan2
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Dear Infineon Comunity, 

I am working on a project with the TLE987x microcontroler. Now I am using the TLE987x EVAL-Board with the spring socket.  TLE987X EVALB_VQFN  

I want to ask if it is possible, to use the LIN Pin (Pin 43 ) as a PWM output signal. 
I studied the user manual and the datasheet and found a block diagram from the Lin transceiver. 
Datasheet page 68 and User Manual page 648. If I have understood the diagram correctly there is only a UART output option for the Lin driver. But on the input pin its possible to read a PWM signal. Is there a possibility to transmit a PWM Signal with the Lin output pin? 

I hope that the community can answer my question.

Best wishes, 
Stefan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Stefan2 ,

For all TLE987x devices except TLE9871, LIN can be used as an input/output pin. For this LIN has to be in LHVIO mode as this mode is dedicated for using the LIN transceiver as high voltage input/output (HV-GPIO), whereas high voltage refers to VS level.

PWM can be generated by enabling HV_MODE and pulling up and down the TXD with the help of the CTRL_STS (LIN Transceiver Control and Status) register.

sk7211_0-1696857536636.png

sk7211_1-1696857536640.png

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Stefan2 ,

For all TLE987x devices except TLE9871, LIN can be used as an input/output pin. For this LIN has to be in LHVIO mode as this mode is dedicated for using the LIN transceiver as high voltage input/output (HV-GPIO), whereas high voltage refers to VS level.

PWM can be generated by enabling HV_MODE and pulling up and down the TXD with the help of the CTRL_STS (LIN Transceiver Control and Status) register.

sk7211_0-1696857536636.png

sk7211_1-1696857536640.png

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes