Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JAYLOU
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 questions asked 50 sign-ins

Hi Infineon,

Is there anyone know how to control the motor speed by adjusting the duty cycle of PWM on PIN LIN?

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @JAYLOU 

Refer to TLE987x_UM-UserManual , we can see that the LIN input signal can be connected to TIMER2. Therefore, we can use TIMER2 to capture this signal.

LinGuohui_0-1697700895014.png

LinGuohui_1-1697701077636.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @JAYLOU 

Refer to TLE987x_UM-UserManual , we can see that the LIN input signal can be connected to TIMER2. Therefore, we can use TIMER2 to capture this signal.

LinGuohui_0-1697700895014.png

LinGuohui_1-1697701077636.png

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, can I control the motor speed by configuring “internal LIN Trx”, by sending LIN report to pin 43, i.e. LIN? If I want to control it via PWM, do I want to configure it to P1.2 (T2EX_1)?

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm currently using Timer2_get_capture (); as a speed reference, but I don't feel right.

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

From the LIN diagram above, we can know that the signal sent by the Tle987x LIN comes from the TxD_1 of the UART, that is, the LIN output can only be controlled via UART1. LIN input signals can receive RxD_1, i.e. read data via UART1; they can also receive T2EX of TIMER2. There may be problems with this representation that T2EX is an internal signal connector, not an external Pin. T2EX CAN BE USED AS TIMER2'S TRIGGER SIGNAL AND CAN BE CONFIGURED IN THE CONFIGURATION TOOL.

0 Likes