TLE9879QXa20 Code Run

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
iamprt
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked First like received 50 sign-ins

I have designed a custom board using TLE9879QXA20, and I am using ULINK2 to code the board, however unlike EVAL KIT I dont have any debounce button on the board, MON button is connected to Vs through Rmon. After loading the code (BLDC_BEMF), my motor is not running. Similarly other codes like Blinky also are not running. What should be done to run the codes after loading them?

@Krupashankar 

In love with Power Electronics and its applications.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @iamprt,

In the code, you can remove the condition which checks for MON pin

Condition: if (MON_Debounce(0u) == 0u)

You can add any other condition to start the motor

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @iamprt,

TLE9879 EVAL-KIT uses TLE9879QXA40 MCU but your custom board has TLE9879QXA20 So this may not work directly from the existing code example. 

Please modify the existing code example according to your pin configuration( Schematic) and change your device to TLE9879QXA20.

Krupashankar_1-1649142109635.png

Thanks,

Krupashankar

iamprt
Level 4
Level 4

I have changed the device to TLE9879QXA20 following the help frok Books >>SDK for TLE9879X.

Pin configuration for both the devices is exactly same. How would that impact pin assignment?

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @iamprt,

Could you please let us know if you have configured the pin based on your schematic?

Could you please share with us the entire schematic ( along with the gate driver section) and current sensing?

This will help us to understand the issue better

Thanks,

Krupashankar

iamprt
Level 4
Level 4

@Krupashankar  PLease check your inbox, I have sent all schematics.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @iamprt,

TLE9879QXA20 is a discontinued part 

Krupashankar_0-1649695190873.png

You will have to replace this part with TLE9879QXA40 in future

Could you please let us know what errors you are getting when you are trying to run the motor?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

I understand that now it is discontinued. Are there any problems with the schematics I have shared?

I am unable to run the motor in my custom ESC; in the EVALKIT, there are two debounce buttons, one for the MON pin and the other for the RESET pin; in my case, I have directly connected MON pin to the input power supply through a resistor Rmon and RESET pin is connected to a debugger.  

In the case of EVALKIT, after loading the code, the motor rotates when I press the MON debounce button; please suggest changes to my design for this.

0 Likes
iamprt
Level 4
Level 4

I want to know that when once the program is loaded into the TLE, what triggers the code to RUN and perform the desired function?

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @iamprt,

Once TLE9879 Eval KIT is powered ON the program waits until the MON pin is pressed and released then Main_lStartMotor() function is called to start the motor with the set reference speed.

Please make sure if Main_lStartMotor()  function is called when the MON button is pressed by adding the necessary breakpoint in the code( Debug) 

Please make sure you have configured MON pin in Config Wizard

Krupashankar_0-1649832914957.png

Thanks,

Krupashankar

In my case, I don't have MON connected to any button. how can I bypass the MON button protocol?

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @iamprt,

In the code, you can remove the condition which checks for MON pin

Condition: if (MON_Debounce(0u) == 0u)

You can add any other condition to start the motor

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Once we load the code in the TLE, does it require any power reset or external trigger to run that code?

If I load the blinky code, it should run, or does it require an external trigger?

0 Likes