TLE9879QXA40 Program Problem

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SteveJiang
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Recently, I am supporting the burning of TLE9879QXA40. The programming method I need is UART interface. In the process of analyzing the file, I have some questions I would like to ask.

The document I am currently referring to is "Infineon-TLE986x_TLE987x_BootROM_UM-UserManual-v01_08-EN.pdf".
Among them, on page 41, it is mentioned that reading the ID of 4 bytes can communicate with the IC through BSL and program it.
Does it mean that it is enough to send this command? Or are there other pins that need to be connected to high or low?

In addition, I also saw that 100TP can be programmed. Is 100TP available to customers?
If possible, 100TP uses the method of loading files or using the UI to fill in values when programming. Can you provide a file example or a screenshot of the UI for my reference, thank you.
And 100TP mentions programming instructions, but it seems that there is no example of programming instructions, can you provide it to me, thank you.

Also, setting the MSB of NVM_PASSWORD to 0 or 1 seems to affect the erasing of Code Flash and Data Flash. What is the difference in erasing these two Flashes?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @SteveJiang,

For debugging the issue following steps can be used:

1) Analyze the data integrity being sent by UART over the LIN transceiver (In my example I am sending data using TLE9879 Evalkit)

LIN_Chip_id.PNG

2) The sender has to be configured as Master hence a Pull-up resistor is needed and for Slave device pullup is not needed.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @SteveJiang,

1. A fresh device, or a completely erased device always selects Fast-LIN as the BSL interface and stays in BSL mode during start-up. Hence, to program a fresh device you will need to program using Fast-LIN.Raj_JC_0-1683998635048.png

1. 100TP Programming:

1. Code flash contains the Application code while Data flash contains runtime data. Erasing the code flash will erase the complete application and for Data flash it will only erase runtime data only.
  • Due to that fact that it might be needed to erase the data flash sector in case on unrecoverable failures the user shall consider not to store constant operation parameters necessary to operate the ECU inside the data flash. Those kind of data should be placed inside the code flash along with the application code. Inside the data flash only dynamic runtime data should be stored, which could be surrendered in case of data flash inconsistencies without affecting the functionality of the ECU in a bad way

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Hi @Raj_C 

Thank you for your answer, but I have another problem.
I want to program the IC through BSL, but I encountered some problems when testing the communication and would like to ask you for advice. 
I refer to a lot of datasheets about TLE9879QXA40. 
The following is the "Get Chip Id" command I am sending to the IC through LIN Behavior before:
1. Pull TMS (pin20) and RESET (pin22) to Low.
2. Connect VS (pin45) to 12V power supply.
3. Pull RESET (pin22) to High while TMS (pin20) is kept Low.
But I did the above actions and sent the "Get Chip Id" command to the IC, but I didn't receive an ACK. 
Is there any steps I am missing or those commands?
Thanks

The following is the "Get Chip Id" command I sent to the IC via LIN.

unnamed.png

Thank you

Best Regards

Steve

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @SteveJiang,

Could you please let us know the Hardware setup and what are the tools used to establish BSL using LIN?

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes

Hi @Raj_JC 

The following is my hardware planning circuit, both C7 and C8 are 104, and the IO used to communicate with the IC is 3.3V.

The tools used in communication are simulated by us using GPIO.

SteveJiang_0-1684656927018.png

Thank you

Best Regards

Steve

0 Likes

Hi @Billyjo ,

But I still can't receive the reply message from LIN.
I think there is something wrong with my circuit design.
Can you help me confirm the circuit?

Thanks

SteveJiang_0-1684824789500.png

Best Regards

Steve

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @SteveJiang,

Could you please share the PCB and Schematic design of your board?

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

Raj_C

Hi @SteveJiang,

For debugging the issue following steps can be used:

1) Analyze the data integrity being sent by UART over the LIN transceiver (In my example I am sending data using TLE9879 Evalkit)

LIN_Chip_id.PNG

2) The sender has to be configured as Master hence a Pull-up resistor is needed and for Slave device pullup is not needed.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes

Hi @Raj_C,

Thank you for your suggestions and instructions, now I can communicate with IC normally!
But I want to ask some questions about some functions when testing communication and programming.
I reposted a question, please help me to confirm, thank you.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/TLE9879-Program-with-FastLIN/m-p/444756#M1960

Best Regards

Steve

0 Likes