TLE9879QXA40 J Link and Parameter

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
stephan94
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

i have a TLE9879QXA40 Shield. 

What J Link model do i need for programming? In a powerpoint from Infineon i read something about J Link Lite Cortex M, there are 2 versions, a 9 pin and a 19 pin one. But the programming interface got 10 pins? Which one i need? I need it for program the Board that i can use a 24V Power Supply running a 24V BLDC. Or can this setting be done in the arduino code?

Where can i change motor accelerating and braking time? I use Hall Sensors. Can i write these parameters in the Arduino Code or do i need to program the board using the J Link?

Thank you

Stephan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @stephan94,

For Programming the TLE9879 BLDC shield you can use the J-Link with a 10-pin ribbon connector for the Cortex M  device.

The supply voltage-related settings are to be done in the BLDC shield firmware.

Please let us know for the operation of the BLDC motor, which mode are you intending to use HALL or FOC? The Acceleration and deceleration algorithm can be implemented in either the shield or the Arduino based on your design.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @stephan94,

For Programming the TLE9879 BLDC shield you can use the J-Link with a 10-pin ribbon connector for the Cortex M  device.

The supply voltage-related settings are to be done in the BLDC shield firmware.

Please let us know for the operation of the BLDC motor, which mode are you intending to use HALL or FOC? The Acceleration and deceleration algorithm can be implemented in either the shield or the Arduino based on your design.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari 

0 Likes
stephan94
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

*Edit/Update

I decided to use a 12V Motor, so the J link is done.

The only question that is left now is, what parameters do i need to change acceleration/deceleration time in the arduino code. I use Hall sensors.

Best regards

Stephan

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @stephan94,
I assume you are going to use the HALL example provided with the BLDC shield in the firmware package. You will be required to make changes in the firmware as shown in the BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879: setParameter() Working.  For this, you will need a programmer.

After making the above change, use the setparameter command to change the parameters as per the motor datasheet. The parameters to be considered are Pole pairs, Initial duty cycle, and Kp, Ki.

For implementing acceleration or deceleration, change the speed based on the following parameters(Start speed,end speed, time to reach the set speed). You may need a timer to implement the same.

Thank you
Best Regards
Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes