TLE9879 code example for a 'VFD style' system

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
siccodwars
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

My application is spinning a small Maxon BLDC motor in a high temperature environment, downhole, 150 deg C ish. That's why I'm considering the TLE9879. Also because of its promise for high integration, fewer wires, less glue ICs around it.

The TLE9879 should be a slave connected to a master CPU. I'm neutral if that would be serial UART, SPI or CAN. LIN is too slow I think. The module with the TLE9879 should behave like an industry standard VFD 'drive' with, say a Profibus or CANopen type of fieldbus. With that I mean I'd like to cyclically (~500 updates per second) interrogate it: every two millisecond it receives ~10 PZD values and returns 10 PZD values. Those values typically being Control Word, Setpoint RPM, Torque Limits to to unit, and Status Word, Actual RPM, Actual Torque, Actual orientation/position back from it. The sub milliseconds deterministic motor control for the TLE9879. The less real time critical supervisory control tasks for the host CPU.  

The unit to support SSI encoder, A/B encoder, maybe a TLE5012, and tripple Hall as feedback for the BLDC motor. The unit to support sensor and sensorless modes, Hall and/or encoder. The unit to support three control modes: just torque mode, speed mode, and position mode. Mode selection over the same 'fieldbus'.

So I got both the Infineon '12V Motor Control Kit', the 'TLE9879 EVALKIT', and two 'TLE9879 BLDC Shields'. Hardware wise that all looks as capable to do some prototyping. But I've now spent 2 weeks digging through uVision for/backwards incompatibility issues and Example Codes that all have issues and bugs slowing we down badly. And I have seen no example that gives me a running start with the 'fieldbus' type of cyclic read/write interface for writing ControlWord, StatusWord, SetpointRPM/Position/Torque,  and reading StatusWord plus actual values, once every ms ish.

Question now is: do I start from scratch rewriting a project for what looks to me as the most common use case for such TLE9879 hardware? Has anyone done this already? And would anyone be willing to share? The Arduino examples are the closest I could find, but they lack the cyclic fieldbus style interface. And they have bugs, bugs and...

0 Likes
1 Reply
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, the boards are designed to give a kick-start to the project design.

We request you to use the software applications provided as a starter and design the firmware required for the application stated. We will support the development during all the phase’s, if there are any specific issues in regards to the software implementations/hardware development.

Best Regards

0 Likes