TLE9879 VDDEXT PIN Control

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jackson_hwang
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I'm using the TLE9879QXA40 chip. I want to control ON/OFF of VDDEXT pin. (5V/0V)

VDDEXT pin is designed the same as TLE9879 Evalkit.

Can you provide sample code to control this? Or give me a simple answer.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Jackson_hwang,

For the operation of the VDDEXT, you can refer to the PMU_VDDEXT (TLE9879 EvalKit) Code example on Keil IDE.

Raj_JC_0-1675745001634.png

This code example demonstrates different operating conditions of VDDEXT. The VDDEXT is initialised using ConfigWizard for this code example.

Alternatively, to enable (5V) or disable (0V) VDDEXT pin you can use following Line of code:

PMU->VDDEXT_CTRL.bit.ENABLE = 1; (Enables)

PMU->VDDEXT_CTRL.bit.ENABLE = 0; (Disables)

For further Information Please refer to the section 5.3.6.2 VDDEXT Control Register of the TLE987x User Manual.

Please let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards 

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Jackson_hwang,

For the operation of the VDDEXT, you can refer to the PMU_VDDEXT (TLE9879 EvalKit) Code example on Keil IDE.

Raj_JC_0-1675745001634.png

This code example demonstrates different operating conditions of VDDEXT. The VDDEXT is initialised using ConfigWizard for this code example.

Alternatively, to enable (5V) or disable (0V) VDDEXT pin you can use following Line of code:

PMU->VDDEXT_CTRL.bit.ENABLE = 1; (Enables)

PMU->VDDEXT_CTRL.bit.ENABLE = 0; (Disables)

For further Information Please refer to the section 5.3.6.2 VDDEXT Control Register of the TLE987x User Manual.

Please let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards 

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes