Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hey, 

I am reaching out to discuss an issue I am currently facing while attempting to write a bootloader on the tle9879QXA40 board using Keil uVision5. To provide you with a better understanding of my situation, I have attached the reference code provided by Infineon for your reference. I did some customization in it.

My concern arises when I try to flash the BEMF firmware directly onto the board without the debug mode and subsequently load the bootloader firmware either from the debugger or in debug mode. In this scenario, the code functions properly as the bootloader code successfully jumps to the BEMF firmware memory location and initiates its execution.

However, if I erase both the bootloader code and the BEMF code and directly flash the hex file of the bootloader and BEMF firmware, the code fails to work as expected. I am puzzled by this discrepancy and would greatly appreciate your assistance in finding a solution.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

I use these reference firmware then customize it:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/bldc_shield_tle9879/?gatedContentFileId=~%...

Best Regards,

Rohit Rawat 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @rohitrawat,

It will directly work from Keil IDE also. For this, you must set the memory locations correctly and set the memory settings so that it does not erase the previous flashed code. 

Raj_JC_0-1688987628301.png

Using script file it is similar functionality as Keil but it takes care of memory alignment automatically.

For Config Wizard, please let us know why do you want to change the config wizard version?

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @rohitrawat,

Please upload the hex files using the following script file. This is inside the package mentioned by you on the web.

Raj_JC_0-1688641751887.png

Include the updated hex file in this directory and replace the existing hex file here and run the script to program the device.

If you try to program the individual hex files then it will erase and program the device which will overwrite the previous program.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor

Hey Raj,

Thanks for your support, the issue has resolved I was facing. The system is now functioning perfectly using batch file.

But is there no other way to flash the from Kiel uVision 5. Because in Keil uVision5, I can also set the memory location where to flash the code.  

Also, the purpose of the batch file required for flashing the hex files. Could you kindly provide some insights into its content and functionality?   

Observation : When i change the config Wizard from lower version v1 to updated version v2 then same issue i am getting.  Code does not jump properly and get automatically resetting the board. I only change the config Wizard file in bootloader firmware and left hex file are same. Attaching the user guide from where i change config Wizard.  

Best Regards,

Rohit Rawat  

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @rohitrawat,

It will directly work from Keil IDE also. For this, you must set the memory locations correctly and set the memory settings so that it does not erase the previous flashed code. 

Raj_JC_0-1688987628301.png

Using script file it is similar functionality as Keil but it takes care of memory alignment automatically.

For Config Wizard, please let us know why do you want to change the config wizard version?

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor

Hey, 

Using Script is Ok. I am using from Script now. 

Currently using config Wizard is V1.1 approx and i'm using config Wizard 2.7.2 version and refrence firmware not opening in my config wizard. 

I have not issue to use script but issue is after updating version board resetting. Even i'm flashing firmware from script file.

Best Regards,

Rohit

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @rohitrawat,

After upgrading to config wizard 2.x and updating all the .h and .c file of the drivers or library, did you change the following in the tle_variants.h file?

Raj_JC_0-1689673776920.png

Above image is an example for the FOC example. Here the ProgFlashStart will define where the vector table is located. If it is not mapped correctly then device will not jump correctly from the Bootloader.

Please ensure upgraded firmware has this change and all files uses tle_variants.h instead of tle_device.h.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion, after dealing with ProgramFlashStart address not able to switch between the codes is working perfect.

Best Regards,

Rohit

0 Likes