TLE9879 BLDC Shield throwing errors while changing parameters

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nholdrid
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am currently trying to change parameters on my TLE9879 BLDC Shield for Arduino and am unsure if there is something wrong with my board or if it is user error. I have been attempting to change the parameters via Arduino and write to the board with the following code:

// Include the Shield library to your Arduino project
#include "TLE9879_Group.h"

// Declare Shield group object
TLE9879_Group *shields;
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
// Initialize the Shield group object with the
// number of Shields in the stack
shields = new TLE9879_Group(1);
shields->setMode(HALL, BOARD1);
shields->setParameter(HALL_INPUT_B, 1, BOARD1);
shields->writeDataset(BOARD1);
}

void loop() {}

The serial output from the Arduino follows:

nholdrid_0-1657553014691.png

I have also tried the saveDataset() function and have received additional errors. The code is below:

// Include the Shield library to your Arduino project
#include "TLE9879_Group.h"

// Declare Shield group object
TLE9879_Group *shields;
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
// Initialize the Shield group object with the
// number of Shields in the stack
shields = new TLE9879_Group(1);
shields->setMode(HALL, BOARD1);
shields->setParameter(HALL_INPUT_B, 1, BOARD1);
shields->saveDataset(POSITION0, BOARD1);
}

void loop() {}

The resulting error from attempting to save the dataset:

nholdrid_1-1657553193327.png

I am very confused as to how the saveDataset() function could be throwing errors given that this code was copy/pasted from the sample code for how to use saveDataset() found in the user manual. The same goes for the writeDataset() function. If anyone could provide info on what I am doing wrong / how to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @nholdrid,

Thanks for pointing out the issue. For the saveDataset issue can you can follow these steps:

>> Goto 01_arduino_library(folder), unzip the BLDC_Arduino_library zip file, and open the TLE9879_Group.cpp file.

>> Goto line number 120 and comment out the following line of code "pos -= CUSTOMDATASET0;"

>> Save the file and zip it again. Add this library again to the Arduino IDE.

For the WriteDataset we will get back to you at the earliest. There are some gaps in the firmware of the TLE9879_BLDC shield, we will try to fix it.

Please, let us know if the above steps help you.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
nholdrid
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Raj,

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried what you suggested, and I am now getting another error message. The code from the saveDataset() attempt has not changed, only the line you instructed to comment out has been commented out. This is what I am receiving from the serial monitor:

nholdrid_0-1657899728434.png

Please let me know of any further steps I can take, and thank you for your assistance.

Best,

Noah

0 Likes