TLE9879 Arduino Kit. I have a 24 volt power supply but the actual robot will run at 12 (dont have access a 12V PS or battery for testing).

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tabster
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I just want to do some tests on speed and how well the code works. Can I connect the 24V to the shield without any changes, even though the motors won't utilize the full 24 volts themselves?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @tabster 

For operation of the shield at 24V input, please follow the below thread link : 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/BLDC-Sensorless-FOC-TLE9879-Arduino-Kit-24VDC-and-high-s...

You need to implement the settings as mentioned in that thread by @Raj_C .

I hope the above thread will be helpful in resolving your doubts. 

Regards

RupakC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RupakC

Hello @tabster 

I assume you are using the BLDC shield TLE9879 board.

I am not sure what you mean by supplying 24V to the shield but the motors will not use 24 Volts,  because you will not be able to operate a 12V motor with a 24 V input to the BLDC shield.

Could you please explain how you plan to implement this scheme of operation?

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes
tabster
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

no, the motor handles 12-36 V. The power supply I have provides 24 volts. i want to use the Arduino shield but it says 12 V on it. this is basically the issue

0 Likes
RupakC

Hello @tabster 

For operation of the shield at 24V input, please follow the below thread link : 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/BLDC-Sensorless-FOC-TLE9879-Arduino-Kit-24VDC-and-high-s...

You need to implement the settings as mentioned in that thread by @Raj_C .

I hope the above thread will be helpful in resolving your doubts. 

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes