Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YanU
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Dear Infineon support team / community,

I have own developed BLDC motor control board populated with TLE9877 which was working without any issues so far. Recently I have  done new algorithm development on TLE9879EVALKITTOBO1. During development I accidentally connected my own board and started flashing the TLE9877 with project and controller/debug settings for TLE9879 (eval kit), the flashing process  did not succeed. Moreover,  since then I cannot connect the JLINK (using SW) to my TLE9877 board, I see the same symptoms "No Cortex-M SW Device found" as already described in thread below:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/Error-flashing-TLE9879-EVALKIT-BLDC-FOC-Sensorless-examp...

Is it possible that TLE9877 device was damaged / bricked? Is there some way to fix it without desoldering? I have only SWCLK, TMS and RESET signal accessible on debug connector (as the Evalkit with TLE9879 does). I do not include any details about JLINK version and settings yet, on my spare TLE9877 board all works.

Thank you for your comments and advice, Jan.   

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @YanU,

Adding to the response of @LinGuohui,

Could you please try the following steps to wake the device?

• Use MON1 as a wake-up source, and RESET as a wake-up trigger
• For this purpose, connect the pin RESET with pin MON1
• Set VS below 8V (the MONx threshold is defined as VS/2, RESET drives 5V max.)
• The output of RESET is fed into the MON1 and is recognized as a wake-up event
• By this the device stays alive and can be reflashed after the successful flash update, the connection between RESET and MON1 can be removed, and VS can be risen again.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @YanU 

You used the TLE9879 project  to program TLE9877, This may cause system failure. Incorrect operation of Flash may cause TLE9877 to enter sleep mode. In this mode, the VDDP and VDDC are deactived. Therefore, JLINK cannot connect to TLE9877. The MON input edge can wake up TLE9877. When using the JLINK connection, you can press the MON key to wake up. If the TLE9877 is in the sleep mode, you should be able to reconnect. And than you can download the correct code.

Others, Please verify power supply is correct, Jlink uses SWD... All configurationss are corrcet.

If the above method does not work, The TLE9877 may be damaged.

0 Likes
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @YanU,

Adding to the response of @LinGuohui,

Could you please try the following steps to wake the device?

• Use MON1 as a wake-up source, and RESET as a wake-up trigger
• For this purpose, connect the pin RESET with pin MON1
• Set VS below 8V (the MONx threshold is defined as VS/2, RESET drives 5V max.)
• The output of RESET is fed into the MON1 and is recognized as a wake-up event
• By this the device stays alive and can be reflashed after the successful flash update, the connection between RESET and MON1 can be removed, and VS can be risen again.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
YanU
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Dear Lin and Raj,

thank you for your valuable suggestions, the method with MON toggling waked up the TLE9877 and it is possible to flash it again! I did not connect MON with Reset as you suggest and would be more elegant solution, however that would require some soldering... Thus, when releasing MON pin by hand one needs to pay attention of timing - release it shortly after JLINK tries to connect.

Thank you once again for your help, Best Regards, Jan.

0 Likes