TLE9869 EvalKit - motor runs much slower in one direction than the other

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22938
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked
Hi All,

Hoping you might be able to help! I've just started working with the TLE9869 Eval Kit.

Using the BDRV_EMO_DC_EXAMPLE, I have been able to control a motor and set the various duty cycles for PWM.

I can run a motor backwards and forwards.

However, the motor runs very much slower in one direction than the other. I can't understand why! I've tried reversing the polarity of the motor connections - all that happens is the direction is reversed, and the slow/fast direction is reversed, so it does not seem to be an issue with my motor.

Are there any suggestions for things I might try? I'm pretty familiar with electronics design and firmware programming, but I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it.

Thanks,

Andrew
0 Likes
1 Solution
User22938
Level 1
Level 1
Bah! Posting on a forum usually helps you fix it...

Anyway, I thought that PWM was only set for one channel and that's what set the speed overall...

However, I have now found that there are two PWM settings. One for channel 0 and another for channel 1!

Hope this helps someone else avoid wasting the hours I've spent on this today!

Pretty impressive MCU/power controller combo I have to say, but in its flexibility also lies its complexity.

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User22938
Level 1
Level 1
Bah! Posting on a forum usually helps you fix it...

Anyway, I thought that PWM was only set for one channel and that's what set the speed overall...

However, I have now found that there are two PWM settings. One for channel 0 and another for channel 1!

Hope this helps someone else avoid wasting the hours I've spent on this today!

Pretty impressive MCU/power controller combo I have to say, but in its flexibility also lies its complexity.

Andrew
0 Likes
Ramius
5 sign-ins First like received 10 replies posted

Hi Andrew

thanks for your post. Yes, we have to say that the Embedded Power SoC (MOTIX MCU) are cool machines 😅 , however some time have to be spent in learning al the features. We are working to improve and expand our technical documentation. Please do not forget to register in myInfineon, so you can get access to all the available documentation.

Best regards

Ramius

0 Likes