Slow change of motor speed TLE9879

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
smidt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I am using the TLE9879 Arduino to power a motor and wanted to know if it is possible to slowly change the motor between two speeds. Currently when I try switching between a speed and then that same speed but in the opposite direction it destroys the motor. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @smidt,

Please try to implement the Ramp function to gradually slow the motor before reversing the direction.

E.g. If the motor is rotating at 1000 RPM then gradually reduce the speed using the loop function and as it reaches to low speed gradually try to increase the speed in other direction.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @smidt,

Please try to implement the Ramp function to gradually slow the motor before reversing the direction.

E.g. If the motor is rotating at 1000 RPM then gradually reduce the speed using the loop function and as it reaches to low speed gradually try to increase the speed in other direction.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
smidt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi Raj, do you mean using a loop in the arduino code to reduce the speed iteratively? I have done that and the motors still get destroyed by changing to reverse. Even from a stop going to reverse at high speed will destroy the motor.

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @smidt,

Could you please share the code implementation for the speed ramp down so we can evaluate and provide further suggestions?

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @smidt,

Please let us know if your current issue is resolved and have any further queries.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes