Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

MOTIX™ MCU Forum Discussions

ashrafulkhn
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi All,

This is the Config Wizard for Motix TLE9879 contorller.

May I know why the MRST pins are not enabled for both the SPI ports running in master and slave mode?

Note: I have taken the example code from Keil IDE without any modification.

ashrafulkhn_0-1672035678454.png

While I was doing R&D for a project where I have other slaves connected to the same SPI having different SPI settings for each slave's bus all other slaves respond well except the TLE9879. Always it sends some garbage values (0xFF). I am thinking these pin selections might be the reason for it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
sk7211
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi @ashrafulkhn ,

>> The above code example is to demonstrate the SSC1 as a Master and SSC2 as a slave.

• SSC1 and SSC2 are connected using CLK and MTSR (Master Transmit Slave Receive).
  • The MRST (Master Receive and Slave Transmit) are not connected for SSC1 and SSC2 as the Master (SSC1) is not expecting any input from the slave device. Hence the MRST for both Master and Slave isn’t initialized.

>> If the input from the slave is expected then initialize the MRST for both Master and Slave devices.

>> Initialization of MRST can be done from SSC as well as from the PORT tab of the Config Wizard for MOTIX.

sk7211_1-1672658302150.png

>> Please also check if the slave buffer is loaded with the correct value to be transmitted to Master.

Please make the above-mentioned changes and try the above code example to send and receive the data.

Best Regards

Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
sk7211
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi @ashrafulkhn ,

>> The above code example is to demonstrate the SSC1 as a Master and SSC2 as a slave.

• SSC1 and SSC2 are connected using CLK and MTSR (Master Transmit Slave Receive).
  • The MRST (Master Receive and Slave Transmit) are not connected for SSC1 and SSC2 as the Master (SSC1) is not expecting any input from the slave device. Hence the MRST for both Master and Slave isn’t initialized.

>> If the input from the slave is expected then initialize the MRST for both Master and Slave devices.

>> Initialization of MRST can be done from SSC as well as from the PORT tab of the Config Wizard for MOTIX.

sk7211_1-1672658302150.png

>> Please also check if the slave buffer is loaded with the correct value to be transmitted to Master.

Please make the above-mentioned changes and try the above code example to send and receive the data.

Best Regards

Sahil Kumar

0 Likes