Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kathisai
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi team,

I am using TLE9869QXA20 for my application for debugging I am using the debugger which is present on the evaluation board (TLE9869QXA20). Now I had a customized board which does not have internal debugger, so for debugging by any chance can I use the debugger which is on the evaluation board (TLE9869QXA20) if yes, please help with the connections that how can I connect the evaluation board with customized board for debugging.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Kathisai ,

The above-mentioned method is only for programming the target device with the EVALKIT debugger of the same device and is not recommended for use with other family devices. This method only allows for the programming of the device and does not support device debugging.

Instead, we recommend using a Segger-based programmer/debugger that supports a 5V target device for both programming and debugging, such as XMC LINK, J-LINK ARM, or ARM® KEIL ULINK2.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sahil_K

Hi @Kathisai ,

Yes, it is possible to program your custom board with the help of the TLE9869 EVALKIT debugger interface. Simply take out all necessary pins such as TMS (SWD data), P0.0 (SWD CLK), RESET, VDDP, and GND from the SWD debug interface of the EVALKIT (as shown in the image below) and connect them to the corresponding pins on your custom board. Please follow the given community link where it is shown how to program BLDC shield (based on TLE9879) through the debugger of TLE9879 EVALKIT. Even though the instructions pertain to the TLE9879 device, you can still apply the same circuit to the TLE9869 device with valid connections.

sk7211_0-1700742209314.png

Link: https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/Use-of-onboard-Segger-J-Link-Programmer-for-TLE9879-Ardu...

For more information, please refer to section 5.3, Table 5 and schematic of the TLE9869 EVALKIT user manual.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
Kathisai
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Dear @Sahil_K ,

1) I am using TLE9855 eval board for debugging the code flashed in customized board of TLE9867QXA20, with the same connections as you mentioned above when I connect SWD of customized board with TLE9855 SWD the debugger (able to watch LED going OFF) on the eval board is going OFF. How to Use TLE9855(Or can we use) Eval board Debugger to Flash TLE9867x based Custom Board

I am attaching the photocopy of the connections I used.

Kathisai_3-1701840068453.png

When SWD connection is not made to custom board, debugger LED glows as expected.

Kathisai_5-1701840153897.png

2) 

When Custom Board is disconnected.

Here, Project used is for TLE9869 (the Flash algorithm will be of same MCU)

The Debugger board is of TLE9855(different memory algorithm), I was facing an error as shown in image, so please help me to solve the error.

Kathisai_2-1701840031214.png

0 Likes
Sahil_K

Hi @Kathisai ,

The above-mentioned method is only for programming the target device with the EVALKIT debugger of the same device and is not recommended for use with other family devices. This method only allows for the programming of the device and does not support device debugging.

Instead, we recommend using a Segger-based programmer/debugger that supports a 5V target device for both programming and debugging, such as XMC LINK, J-LINK ARM, or ARM® KEIL ULINK2.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes