RAM/flash memory usage for BLDC Foc sensorless code

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ghassen
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi I am working on  bldc motors , and I used the software code exemple in keil library (FOC) to drive the motor in sensorless mode and I want to know   how much ressources it takes to run  this exemple code (RAM, flash memory and CPU)? is it possible to get these informations ? .

thank you .

Best regard.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @Ghassen 

The TLE98xx family does not support the arm M Instruction Trace data (ETM), which is required for the uVision performance analyzer.

To analyze the runtime of a function, you can toggle a GPIO and check the timing of execution.

Regards

RupakC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
RupakC

Hi @Ghassen 

You may look into the following content for information on the resource allocation : 

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ka004381/latest

https://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/bl51/bl51_ln_mapfile.htm

You will find the .MAP file for the example codes in 

Tle9879_evalkit\Boards\Infineon\TLE9879_EvalKit\BLDC_SENSORLESS_FOC_EXAMPLE_TLE987X\Listings 

A view of the .MAP file is given below: 

RupakC_0-1654685215431.png

I hope This will help you to find out how much resources it takes to run the example code. 

Thanks and Regards

RupakC
0 Likes
Ghassen
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @RupakC 

Thanks a lot , that's so helpful ,but  is  there any way to measure processor usage while running this program ?

Best regards.

0 Likes
RupakC

Hi  @Ghassen 

Please use the performance analyzer feature in Keil uvision. For details on the performance analyzer, please find the related document (page no. 105):

https://www.keil.com/product/brochures/uv4.pdf

I hope this helps solve your query. Please let me know if you need any other help. 

Regards 

RupakC
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ghassen
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @RupakC 

Thanks for the suggestion , I tried to use performance analyzer  in keil but when I start the debug session and run the program nothing is displayed on the performance analyzer window , I mean all the modules statistics stay at 0 % and nothing evolve , do you know what is the problem ?

here an attached screenshot of the problem.

Thank you .

0 Likes
RupakC

Hello @Ghassen 

The TLE98xx family does not support the arm M Instruction Trace data (ETM), which is required for the uVision performance analyzer.

To analyze the runtime of a function, you can toggle a GPIO and check the timing of execution.

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes