Problem with Flash Writing in TLE9877

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Mohit123
Level 2
Level 2
First like given First like received 5 questions asked

Hey,

I'm using TLE9877 controller and trying to do flash writing.  I am facing challenges in writing data to the memory location 0x11006000U. However, I have noticed that I can successfully write data to memory locations above 0x1100F000U. Attaching firmware for your reference. 

I was hoping you could kindly provide me with some guidance or insights on how to overcome this limitation and enable data writing to the fixed location 0x11006000U.

Regards,

Mohit

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Mohit123,

As shown in the following image for the TLE9877 device the 60KB space is for Code flash and 4KB for Data Flash.

Raj_JC_0-1689683658610.png

The reason you are able to program the page at location (0x1100F00H - 1100FFFFH) is that it is not having memory protection. The other region for code flash is protected. It is not recommended to write at code flash memory location.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @Mohit123,

As shown in the following image for the TLE9877 device the 60KB space is for Code flash and 4KB for Data Flash.

Raj_JC_0-1689683658610.png

The reason you are able to program the page at location (0x1100F00H - 1100FFFFH) is that it is not having memory protection. The other region for code flash is protected. It is not recommended to write at code flash memory location.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Mohit123
Level 2
Level 2
First like given First like received 5 questions asked

Hey, 

Now i am able to write data in code memory also. there is setting in config wizard, code memory protection and data memory protection. Code was protected using this setting. 

Thanks

Mohit

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Mohit123,

Yes, you can disable the write protection but it is not recommended to program the page in the code flash region as there is a possibility that it will overwrite the existing application code and the application may break.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes