Problem low torque on start

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MartinFox
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I using BLDC motor shield with TLE9879QXA40 for Arduino.
I would like to know what parameters to choose for the BLDC motor in the wheel, in particular the gain Ki, Kp. I am running the motor in HALL shields->setMode(HALL, BOARD1); but after starting at almost zero speed it has no torque. How can I achieve a lot of torque at start-up?
Thank you Martin Fox

0 Likes
1 Solution
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @MartinFox

Thank you for posting in Infineon Community. 

In the following link, you may find an example project of running a “BLDC Sensorless FOC” with a TLE 987x series Motix device:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0...

In the above document, under section 5. (Example Software), the parameter settings and where to set the Kp and Ki gains are also shown. Please go through it and set your Pi controller parameters as is necessary. After this, if you still have a persisting problem of low torque on startup, kindly let me know. I will be happy to help you. 

Regards

RupakC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @MartinFox

Thank you for posting in Infineon Community. 

In the following link, you may find an example project of running a “BLDC Sensorless FOC” with a TLE 987x series Motix device:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0...

In the above document, under section 5. (Example Software), the parameter settings and where to set the Kp and Ki gains are also shown. Please go through it and set your Pi controller parameters as is necessary. After this, if you still have a persisting problem of low torque on startup, kindly let me know. I will be happy to help you. 

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes