Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hey all,

I am currently working on the TLE9879 controller, and I have a query regarding the motor phase configuration. Specifically, I would like to inquire about the possibility of changing the motor phase A pin to the motor phase C pin from the MCU. I am wondering if it is feasible to achieve this by making configurations in the config wizard.

Note: i don't want to change the motor rotation direction from the software. i directly wanted to change the phases.

I appreciate your assistance in clarifying this matter.

Best Regards,

Rohit

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @rohitrawat,

If you are using internal BDRV to drive the MOSFETs then it is not possible to change the PWM pulses to different phases using software/ConfigWizard.

Raj_C_0-1706873546831.png

The PWM signals are mapped internally as shown in above figure.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @rohitrawat,

If you are using internal BDRV to drive the MOSFETs then it is not possible to change the PWM pulses to different phases using software/ConfigWizard.

Raj_C_0-1706873546831.png

The PWM signals are mapped internally as shown in above figure.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

hey @Raj_C ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

rohitrawat_1-1706874699914.png

rohitrawat_2-1706874715265.png

I wanted to inform you that I am currently in the process of changing the motor CCW direction from the software. Along with this adjustment, I have modified the motor tuning current parameters specifically for the negative direction. It's important to note that I only adjusted the current value to a negative one, as illustrated in the attached figure.

However, I have observed that the motor is not functioning properly in the CCW direction as it does in the CW direction. it is going in overcurrent detection (Drain to source Monitoring  callback)

Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rohit Rawat

0 Likes
Raj_C
0 Likes