Looking for Documentation for BLDC BEMF TLE987X v1.5.0

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
Hello,
Can someone please point me to more detailed information on the example 'BLDC_BC_BEMF_EXAMPLE_TLE987X_1.5.0' (which can be found as part of Infineon 'Pack' in the Keil tools)

I have the code running on a TLE987X_EvalKit but am now at a point were I would like to better understand the implementation details.

I was expecting (hoping!) to find an App Note describing this in detail but have not been able to find anything.
(There is this app note https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0... but it is for FOC control not BEMF)

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Ivan Vernot
//realtimedesigns.com.au
0 Likes
9 Replies
Ramius
5 sign-ins First like received 10 replies posted
Hello Ivan
unfortunately we do not provide a dedicated app note for this SW example.
This demo SW has been released some time ago and we are not planning to support it with new documentation, describing the details of the code.
Very recently we have released a new SW example (BLDC_HALL2), and here we can provide definitely support.
Best regards
Ramius
0 Likes
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Ramius,
Thank you for a prompt response.
1. Are you able to proved a link to this new example (HALL2) and any app notes
2. Can you confirm is whether this example supports control via BEMF (ie without hall effect sensors)

Thanks and Best Regards
Ivan

//realtimedesigns.com.au
0 Likes
Ramius
Hello Ivan
You find the new example "HALL2" in the latest Pack file 1.5.0 . The app note will be done likely in Autumn timeframe. This example works only with hall sensors.

Best regards
Ramius
0 Likes
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you for responding Ramius,
I will look for it - but as it only works with hall sensors and we need BEMF control how will this help us?
Regards
Ivan
0 Likes
Ramius
Understood, on the other side this is what we can provide as support at the time being.
We can think of providing documentation for the BEMF example in the upcoming months, but this is planned yet.

Regards
Ramius
0 Likes
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you for the feedback Ramius.
If the situation changes please post here.
(Does Infineon have FAE (or otehr represetation) in Australia that I can reach out to?
We have Client approval to proceed and I really need this Infineon solution to work out.
The TEL987x seem a beautiful part and is a good fit for our application, but the lack of technical support (for even the 'common' BEMF control solution) is, frankly, very concerning for the future.

In the meantime I hope you don't mind a stream of questions on the 'details' 🙂
How is BEMF zero cross detection acheived. How the Commutation drive timing implemented (what _does_ T13 do?), Measuring motor current using CSA and so on. 😞
But they can wait for their own threads.
Perhaps this forum can 'assist' Infineon in developing this documentation here 😛

Best Regards
Ivan Vernot
//realtimedeisgns.com.au
0 Likes
Ramius
Hi Ivan
sorry for the late feedback. FYI, we are quite overwhelmed by customer questions, worldwide 😉
Yes, we have a FAE in Australia. If you need the contact, I can forward it to you. On the other side, he will very likely forward the question to us at HQ 😉 .
The BEMF SW example is intended as a demo to spin the motor, next steps have to be done be the customer. In fact, our customers normally are then shifting to their own SW, when they see that our device does the job.
We will have in the near future a new SW for FOC sensorless application, with documentation available as well.
For the sensorless BEMF; you are right, documentation is definitely missing. But, as I wrote, we are not planning to have more docs yet. Reason: we are focusing on other tasks, due to priorities.
To answer your questions, let me check internally if we have the info already available. Then I will post it here.

Thanks a lot for using the TLE987x 🙂 : I can only confirm that many customers like it!
Best regards
Ramius
0 Likes
AmolKoli
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 10 questions asked 50 sign-ins

@Ramius @User22258 @Raj_C 

Do we have the application notes for BLDC Hall and LIN (TLE987x) examples yet? Could you please provide the link?

0 Likes
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @AmolKoli,

Currently, there is no document available for the above code example.

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes