External FET short detected(TLE9879)

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16675
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First question asked

I am debugging a three phase BLDC motor with TLE9879. The motor power is 10W and the rated voltage is 12V.
        During debugging, I found that the motor will suddenly stop when the duty cycle is adjusted to higher than 30%,
        I tried to find the reason, I found: "Wrong Hall Event" did not occur, but found "external FET short detected" failure.
However, the fault has been periodically cleared in the program.
        I set "DS-Monitoring Threshod" to 2V, and "Filter time" to 8us, the fault of "external FET detected short detected" still occurs, and the motor still stops.
        Later, I replaced a 200W BLDC to test, and the "external FET detected short detected" fault also occurred, but the motor will not stop.
can you please help me?

0 Likes
1 Reply
psb
250 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello @User16675 , 

Please provide the details of the hardware/evaluation board which you are using to run the BLDC motor and also the code which is being implemented. This will help us to analyze the faults. 

Thanks,
Sai

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes