Error occurred when I writing BLDC_Sensorless_FOC Example to TLE9879QXW40

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

thats any kind of Error for my first day ............. help me, lord! its just a Example, how can this be so hard!
0 Likes
17 Replies
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
The Lord helps those who help themselves 😛

You did not mention what hardware nor what debugger you are using so its hard to be too specific.

However, the problem is mostly likely is that you debugger/programmer is not correctly configured..
Goto menu 'Project->Options for project
Then Select Tab 'Debug' and make sure that the correct debugger tools is selected

3798.attach

You should press 'Settings' and the debugger will be detected and serial num identified etc.
NB: SWD should be selected - your screen should look like below

3799.attach

Hope that helps. Please let us know how you get on.
Regards
Ivan Vernot
//realtimedesigns.com.au
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
ivernot wrote:
The Lord helps those who help themselves 😛

You did not mention what hardware nor what debugger you are using so its hard to be too specific.

However, the problem is mostly likely is that you debugger/programmer is not correctly configured..
Goto menu 'Project->Options for project
Then Select Tab 'Debug' and make sure that the correct debugger tools is selected

5269.attach

You should press 'Settings' and the debugger will be detected and serial num identified etc.
NB: SWD should be selected - your screen should look like below

5270.attach

Hope that helps. Please let us know how you get on.
Regards
Ivan Vernot
//realtimedesigns.com.au

Thank you for your detailed reply Ivernot .
I tried it once as you gave, 5272.attach
and got the following results (see the attachment for details):
The system keeps prompting me "JLink Info: RESET (pin 15) high, but should be low. Please check target hardware.",then "Error: Flash Download failed-Target DLL has been cancelled".
I am trying to solve this problem by reading the official instructions:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE9879QXW40-DS-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4625b10283a015b248f...
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AppNote-TLE986x-TLE987x-FAQ-Application-Hints_3-ApplicationNo...
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Getting_Started_TLE986x-7x-GettingStarted-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileI...

Can you give me some more suggestions, what should I do next?
The device I am using is this REF_ENGCOOLFAN1KW(https://www.infineon.com/cms/de/product/evaluation-boards/ref_engcoolfan1kw/),
and Debug is: J-Link LITE-Cortex-M-5V

But nothing is displayed in the SWD window on the right. The official document says "SWD connection established when "IDCODE" is visible", but I don't know how to make "IDCODE" visible

Qian SU
best regards
0 Likes
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Qian SU
I am sorry but I don't know why the ICODE is not visible

It almost looks like the JLink is somehow not compatible....

I am using the TLE9879_EvalKit which has an inbuilt Segger debugger (and it works).
If you can get a JLINK EDU - I know it also works.
I am not familiar with the J-Link LITE-Cortex-M-5V

Please let us know how you get on.
Regards
Ivan Vernot
//realtimedesigns.com.au
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
Hi Ivernot ,

Because INFINEON engineers have not replied to my question yet, I am trying to turn over the document now, see if I can replace J-Link Lite-Cortex-M-5V with Jlink EDU.

Sometimes this is really ironic, I spent more expensive price to buy REF_ENGCOOLFAN1KW, but Infineon provides more comprehensive document support to TLE9879_EVALKIT.

If I know so, I should buy tle9879_evalkit.

In order to save money, I may find someone, then use the official document of the ref_engcoolfan1kw in my hand to exchange all the files of TLE9879_EVALKIT.

If you are interested, please let me know.:p

And, don't worry, if I found the problem,and successfully solved the problem, I will share it to you

Qian Su
best Regards

Fachhochschule-Anhalt
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Maybe I can help you out.

In general it is not a bad Idear to buy the Evalkit before buying the reference design.
The Evalkit has pin header for Port Pins and several testpoints to debug your code.

The purpose of the Reference Designs are to give a reference to a specific challenge of a dedicated application.
It is not intended to be easy to operate.

It is much more convenient to develop code with the Evalkit.

Nevertheless I can probably help you:
- The J-Link Edu cannot be used to program the TLE987x products since it has 3.3V IOs.
I recommend to use the included J-Link Lite.
- Please make shure the SWD cable is connected in the correct orientation on the debug linker.
- Finally the target device needs to be supplied with 12V over the P and N terminals. (LED on the Board lights up, when supplied)
P is plus
N is not plus 😛

Here is a picture of my setup.
5281.attach
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
Mc-Key wrote:

In general it is not a bad Idear to buy the Evalkit before buying the reference design.
The Evalkit has pin header for Port Pins and several testpoints to debug your code.

The purpose of the Reference Designs are to give a reference to a specific challenge of a dedicated application.

- The J-Link Edu cannot be used to program the TLE987x products since it has 3.3V IOs.
- Please make shure the SWD cable is connected in the correct orientation on the debug linker.
- Finally the target device needs to be supplied with 12V over the P and N terminals. (LED on the Board lights up, when supplied)
P is plus
N is not plus 😛

5281.attach

Hi Mc-key,

Thans for your Reply.

-The Debugger i'm using is
SWD-JTAG
Header SMD 10POS
1.27mm
SAMTEC
FTSH-105-01-F-DV-K-TR
Is this belong to J-Link Lite ??? I herd v8-Link might not work ,is this the J-Link Edu what your said???

-I have connected DEBUGER and SWD-Debug Interface with SWD cable. The correct orientation you said, you mean connect the right connect the SWD cable to the corresponding interface, right?

-Yes, i think the main Setup is correct.

But still, can you give me some advice for the Question too ? what i have previously talked with Ivernot from #1—— #5

Qian Su
Best Regards
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
Please, can some one from Infineon help me out ??? i can only just wait till get answer?
0 Likes
User22258
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Qian Su
I know it's frustrating getting started when the feedback is a bit 'slow'
FWIW: From how I understand Mc-Key's response it seem that you are 'close'

1. He confirms that the JLink Lite you have will work (and that the JLINK EDU will NOT!)
2. The samtec header must be plugged into the board the right way around. On my eval kit this connector is 'polarised' so I can't make it wrong 😞 But you should check documentatio that came with the Eval Kit.
3. The PCB must be externally powered from 12V - it will not run plugged into the JLink alone (sorry if this is obvious - but that has caught me in the past!)

Something else to try.. you may already know that JLINK is a product of SEGGER.
As part of the Keil tools install the SEGGER utilities should also installed. (The JLINK utilities can also be downloaded from Segger direct - look for 'jlink download'.

You can use the 'JLINK Commander' to talk to the JLINK and test the connection to the target board.
This will at least confirm that JLINK to Target connection is working.
The JLINK commander is powerful tool but not 'obvious' to use - fortunately the documentation is excellent

Finally, have you tried to use a different computer or USB port or even different USB cable (long shot I know but...)

Hope that helps
Ivan
//realtimedeisgns.com.au
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Hi Qian Su,
I can confirm post #9 from Ivan.
Please check the 12V supply of the board.
Without it the debug connection can't be established.

From one of your earlier posts, I assume you've already installed the JLink driver.
Please look at post #2 for the proper Jlink settings. (Thanks to Ivan for sharing)

Good luck.
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
Hi, every one,

(first , i wanna say thank you to Ivernot and Mc-Key, because you stay active to help me out . And sorry i didnt reply in time, the reason why is the Infineon Forum stoped reminder me for "new Reply" from you guys)
I haven't received any new Email reply from Infineon for two weeks, but my project has some new progress, so I am here to share some experience about some problems in the past.And then keep asking help for new problem 🙂

Experience:
1:Configwizzard is unable to be added to Tool menu in "arm-Keil"
As far as personal experiences, this seems to be a compatible problem related to Win10 system. Determine that administrator privileges must be used when installing Tool-Chains.
My PC and notebook Win10 systems are all installed in China and bring to Germany. Although it is also possible to be some security protection software (for me is 360 security guards),
in general, I finally used the notebook ,which provided by the German Laboratory, and then successfully added ConfigWizzard to the KEIL tool menu.

2:Device unknow to J-Link software
5303.attach
This is the connection problem between DEBUGER and the computer. Because the use of the evaluation board Ref_engcoolfan1kw is a product combined with three different companies (Infineon, SEEGER, ARM),
it always takes more time to determine which company's product has problems when there is a problem. And ask for the solution.
The reason why I encountered this question was:
1: I didn't use administrator privilege when installing toool-chains, so the SEEger software did not install correctly.
2: When starting J-Link software, the debugger is not connected to the computer.
When I avoid the above problems, the problem is solved.

3:ICODE is not visible
For me,This problem may be generated by this issue: “Error:Supply Voltage too low (1 Volt is required , Measured:0.0 Volt”
It can now be determined that the debugger cannot communicate with the evaluation board. Maybe thats why the ICODE didnt displayed correctly.
you can check it by your self by using the prompt from Seeger: https://wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_connect_to_the_CPU .
Unfortunately, I have not resolved this problem, so i gonna keep asking about the following request In the next reply.
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
I talked to ARM-Keil and Segger, Determined the cause of this problem:
"The Basic J-Link <-> Target Connection Does Not Work Indicating a Hardware Setup Related Issue (Eg Wrong Pins Connected to the J-Link, Wrong Adapters Used , Broken Adapter, etc ...) ".
I tried to solve the problem through the boot of this page: https://wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_connect_to_the_CPU#Target_connection , the result is :
"Error:Supply Voltage too low ( 1 Volt is required, Measured:0.0 Volt)"

5304.attach
5305.attach

Their guid is:
VTref is 0.000V
J-Link measures 0V target reference voltage. As the target reference voltage is used by the J-Link to create the levels of the debug signals, the reference voltage is mandatory.
1 :Check the power supply of the target hardware and verify that it is powered (switches on, jumpers are set correctly, etc...)
2:Measure the voltage between pin 1 (VTref) and pin 4 (GND) of the debug connector, using an multi-meter.

New Question:
5306.attach
5307.attach

1: Can it be determined that because the SWD interface on the side of the evaluation board does not get enough power,so it cause this problem? Still, is it possible to have a problem with the SWD interface on the DEBUGER side?

2:Because we have already determined the problem of insufficient voltage supply, these problems can be excluded right? : Switch ON, Jumpers Are Set Correctly, etc.....

3:Is the PIN 1 (VTREF) mentioned in the top mentioned page corresponding to the schematic diagram given by the above picture? But If so, PIN 4 is not GND in the picture above,PIN( 3,5,7,9) is GND.

4: This is the error in the manufacturer's hardware assembly, or is the software design error? How can I solve it next?

5: Mc-Key and Ivernot you said that the JLink Lite i have will work (and that the JLINK EDU will NOT!) right ? but peopel from Segger told me that The J-Link EDU also supports your device. I can purchase the J-Link EDU from AK Modul-Bus at:
https://www.ak-modul-bus.de/stat/segger_j_link_edu.html
I dont know who is right now .

6:Segger said they cant help me anymore .Because regarding to their policy,if people using J-Link LITE then "Support is given via the eval board manufacturer" . And i just learned , the Hardware v8 used by J-Link LITE is very old .
And even so, I found a pin in another interface next to Debugger's SWD interface is lack. Can I apply to Farnell to replace a Debugger ?

Looking forward to your reply!

Qian Su
Best Regards
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
This is the doubts raised after I refer to "5.3 Foc Parameter Configuration" in Infineon-Tle987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-Application Notes-V01_00-En.

The following Text describes my doubts:

1: May I give you the materials information so that you evaluates the value to be reached for me? Or do I have to think it myself.

2: Shunt Resist: Where can I get the value of Inom? Is he standing in the stuecklist or do I have to measure him? In the design specifications of accompanying file there is nothing.

3: In the Design Specifications of Accompanying File says VSH is 1,2,3 max.48V from Phase,is this the max.Expected Peak phase Current?

4: How exactly do I have to chose the value between 10 ~ 25 kHz ?

5: I have no Data Sheet of Motor. How do I measure the Phase Resistance and which fromel stands for conversion for phase inductance

6: Current Controller Amplification: How do I get the appropriate value?
What happens when "Scales Current Control Loop Speed" is enabled quickly or slowly?
The faster the "Scales Current Control Loop Speed" is, the better it is?

7: What effect does the "Timer Constant for Flux Estimato" Kb?

8: I understand Kp,what you mean by Ki "Affects Regulator Error" ??

9: What happens when "Low Pass Filter for Speed" is started quickly or slowly?

10: Do you have temporals or references for "Closed Loop Settings" for me?

Qian Su
with Sincerely Regards
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
I haven’t received any response from the last question I asked before, so I can only try to set the parameters according to my understanding, and then I have some of the following questions, hoping to be answered.

1: In addition to "FOC Motor Parameter", there are other parameter settings, such as "Boot Strap Loader", "Port" and "Interrupt".
Some of them are mentioned in the official tutorial video, but I can't Find relevant comprehensive documentation support. Where can I find them?

2:I still hope to get your confirmation for the question about "FOC Motor Parameter" mentioned earlier to ensure that my understanding is correct.

3:(You can view the first few replies for related pictures)
I have tested the SWD hardware interface on the decoder side and the evaluation board side with a multimeter.
The SWD hardware interface on the evaluation board side has detected 5V power supply through PIN1 and PIN3, and the decoder side has less than 1V power supply.
Regarding the last time "RESET(pin 15) high, but should be low. Please check target hardware" and "Error: Supply Voltage too low (1 Volt is required, Measured:0.0 Volt)", can it be eliminated that the problem caused by the hardware?

4:If it is not a hardware problem, how can the above problems be solved?

5:(You can view the first few replies for related pictures)
If the above problem is fixed, can the problem about my excerpt of the J-Link dialog in Keil uVision not displaying normally be fixed?

Qian Su
Looking forward to your reply
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
q2213010 wrote:
I talked to ARM-Keil and Segger, Determined the cause of this problem:
"The Basic J-Link <-> Target Connection Does Not Work Indicating a Hardware Setup Related Issue (Eg Wrong Pins Connected to the J-Link, Wrong Adapters Used , Broken Adapter, etc ...) ".
I tried to solve the problem through the boot of this page: https://wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_connect_to_the_CPU#Target_connection , the result is :
"Error:Supply Voltage too low ( 1 Volt is required, Measured:0.0 Volt)"

5473.attach
5474.attach

Their guid is:
VTref is 0.000V
J-Link measures 0V target reference voltage. As the target reference voltage is used by the J-Link to create the levels of the debug signals, the reference voltage is mandatory.
1 :Check the power supply of the target hardware and verify that it is powered (switches on, jumpers are set correctly, etc...)
2:Measure the voltage between pin 1 (VTref) and pin 4 (GND) of the debug connector, using an multi-meter.

New Question:
5304.attach
5305.attach

1: Can it be determined that because the SWD interface on the side of the evaluation board does not get enough power,so it cause this problem? Still, is it possible to have a problem with the SWD interface on the DEBUGER side?

2:Because we have already determined the problem of insufficient voltage supply, these problems can be excluded right? : Switch ON, Jumpers Are Set Correctly, etc.....

3:Is the PIN 1 (VTREF) mentioned in the top mentioned page corresponding to the schematic diagram given by the above picture? But If so, PIN 4 is not GND in the picture above,PIN( 3,5,7,9) is GND.

4: This is the error in the manufacturer's hardware assembly, or is the software design error? How can I solve it next?

5: Mc-Key and Ivernot you said that the JLink Lite i have will work (and that the JLINK EDU will NOT!) right ? but peopel from Segger told me that The J-Link EDU also supports your device. I can purchase the J-Link EDU from AK Modul-Bus at:
https://www.ak-modul-bus.de/stat/segger_j_link_edu.html
I dont know who is right now .

6:Segger said they cant help me anymore .Because regarding to their policy,if people using J-Link LITE then "Support is given via the eval board manufacturer" . And i just learned , the Hardware v8 used by J-Link LITE is very old .
And even so, I found a pin in another interface next to Debugger's SWD interface is lack. Can I apply to Farnell to replace a Debugger ?

Qian Su
Best Regards

reply:

Dear Qian Su,
I'm sorry for your inconvinience.

Can you please check if the target board is properly connected to 12V.
External supply of 12V is mandatory

I described this here:
Mc-Key wrote:

P is plus
N is not plus 😛

5306.attach
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
q2213010 wrote:
This is the doubts raised after I refer to "5.3 Foc Parameter Configuration" in Infineon-Tle987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-Application Notes-V01_00-En.

5307.attach

The following Text describes my doubts:

1: May I give you the materials information so that you evaluates the value to be reached for me? Or do I have to think it myself.

2: Shunt Resist: Where can I get the value of Inom? Is he standing in the stuecklist or do I have to measure him? In the design specifications of accompanying file there is nothing.

3: In the Design Specifications of Accompanying File says VSH is 1,2,3 max.48V from Phase,is this the max.Expected Peak phase Current?

4: How exactly do I have to chose the value between 10 ~ 25 kHz ?

5: I have no Data Sheet of Motor. How do I measure the Phase Resistance and which fromel stands for conversion for phase inductance

6: Current Controller Amplification: How do I get the appropriate value?
What happens when "Scales Current Control Loop Speed" is enabled quickly or slowly?
The faster the "Scales Current Control Loop Speed" is, the better it is?

7: What effect does the "Timer Constant for Flux Estimato" Kb?

8: I understand Kp,what you mean by Ki "Affects Regulator Error" ??

9: What happens when "Low Pass Filter for Speed" is started quickly or slowly?

10: Do you have temporals or references for "Closed Loop Settings" for me?

Qian Su
with Sincerely Regards

Hi Qian Su,
here are some answers:
1)
you can find a detailed description of the FOC example code here:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0...

2)
The Shunt resistors are connected in parallel to handle the power dissipation. The value is 2mOhm for each shunt. This results in a resistive value of 0.667mOhm.

3)
48V is the absolute maximum voltage, the device can handle. The operational voltage should not exceed 28V. The nominal voltage is automotive 12V which means typ.13,5V.
The tested maximum peak phase current was 100A.
The nominal DC current, drawn from the DC supply is 80A.

4)
This is the PWM setting. 20kHz is the standard value. Just leave it at 20kHz.

5)
This is a hole field of expertise and cannot be covered in one post.
However there are ways to at least estimate the motor parameters to get the motor running.
The easiest way to measure the impedance values is with a inductance meter from line to line.
For a winding configuration in star circuit, you can simply divide the value by 2.
For a winding configuration in triangle circuit, you need to multiply the value by 1,5.
The resistive part can be measured by applying a constant current to coils and measure the voltage drop (use 4 wire measurement for accuracy).

6)
you can calculate it based on the input value.
The input range for the ADC is +/-1,5V. Regarding the gain of the CSA and the Shunt value you calculate the max current for different Gain:
Gain = 10 --> I_max = 224,89A
Gain = 20 --> I_max = 112,44A
Gain = 40--> I_max = 56,22A
Gain = 60--> I_max = 37,48A

7)-10)
Check out this Appnote:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0...

Best Regards,
Mc-Key
0 Likes
User22327
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
Hi Mickey! Good day to you!

Your response is very helpful!

I have checked https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0... before posting. It is precisely because the information in it does not match my evaluation board REF_ENGCOOLFAN1KW (such as questions 2-4), and some descriptions are not clear enough (such as questions 6-10), so I hope to get your help.

But anyway, thank you so much for trying to help me! If you have time, please reply to the post I posted above on 2020.09.20, which contains the latest progress of my project.

Qian Su
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
q2213010 wrote:
I haven’t received any response from the last question I asked before, so I can only try to set the parameters according to my understanding, and then I have some of the following questions, hoping to be answered.

1: In addition to "FOC Motor Parameter", there are other parameter settings, such as "Boot Strap Loader", "Port" and "Interrupt".
Some of them are mentioned in the official tutorial video, but I can't Find relevant comprehensive documentation support. Where can I find them?

2:I still hope to get your confirmation for the question about "FOC Motor Parameter" mentioned earlier to ensure that my understanding is correct.

3:(You can view the first few replies for related pictures)
I have tested the SWD hardware interface on the decoder side and the evaluation board side with a multimeter.
The SWD hardware interface on the evaluation board side has detected 5V power supply through PIN1 and PIN3, and the decoder side has less than 1V power supply.
Regarding the last time "RESET(pin 15) high, but should be low. Please check target hardware" and "Error: Supply Voltage too low (1 Volt is required, Measured:0.0 Volt)", can it be eliminated that the problem caused by the hardware?

4:If it is not a hardware problem, how can the above problems be solved?

5:(You can view the first few replies for related pictures)
If the above problem is fixed, can the problem about my excerpt of the J-Link dialog in Keil uVision not displaying normally be fixed?

Qian Su
Looking forward to your reply

Dear Qian Su,
in order to shorten the debug effort on your side, I strongly recommend to you. Please purchase a TLE9879Evalkit. (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/tle9879-evalkit/)
This Hardware is much easier to operate.

Nevertheless here are some answers:

1: The settings for in the Config Wizard are related to the chip modules. You can find the detailed documentation of each module in the TLE987x Users Manual (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-UserManual-v01_60-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624e24005f014e5...)

2 Please specify your question.

3 Something in your setup is not correct. The Reset Pin is low active. It needs to have a 5V level during normal operation. If the Pin has a low level, something is wrong. Please confirm that the 12V power supply is properly connected

4 If Reset Pin has a low level, the problem is most probably related to the hardware.

5 The pictures show, that no connection can be established. Please check your 12V power supply.
0 Likes