Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Mohit123
Level 2
Level 2
First like given First like received 5 questions asked

Hi,

I am currently working with the TLE9877 controller, and I am encountering an issue when attempting to run motor operation within a high-temperature range. Specifically, when I commence motor operation under these conditions, the motor enters a driver fault state, accompanied by the indication of a Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 short to Ground error.

When i start the motor without diagnostics(phase Open or short detection) then motor starting and running properly. but when i start the same with diagnostics function given by infineon then motor not starting attaching code snip. 

Mohit123_1-1692864574878.png

Observation :  This all test i'm doing at high temperature. This issue i'm facing when internal temperature is above 130 degree Celsius and if internal temperature is below 130 then motor working fine. Also attaching config.icwp file 

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Mohit

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
250 replies posted First like given 100 solutions authored

Hi @Mohit123 ,

As mentioned, whenever the BDRV diagnostic is on, the motor does not start. Please let us know the following details:

• To determine whether the MCU is experiencing an overtemperature fault, can you please check the status of the TEMPSENSE_CTRL?
  • Is the code entering the “if condition” at line number 124 in the code?

sk7211_0-1694586374849.png

• BDRV_off_Diagnosis is called at line number 123, this function turns off all the drivers at line 452 of BDRV_off_Diagnosis() function, as shown in the image below, Could you please re-enable the BDRV and let us know your observation?

sk7211_1-1694586425839.png

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sahil_K

Hi @Mohit123 ,

Could you kindly share the complete project file? Additionally, it would be helpful to clarify whether, by 130 degrees Celsius, you are referring to the ambient temperature or the TLE9877 IC junction temperature.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, 

Attaching firmware for your reference. And i'm measuring TLE9877 IC junction temperature  from ADC2 channel 9.

Best Regards,

Mohit

0 Likes

Hey Sahil Sir,

Kindly suggest to me how I can resolve this issue.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mohit

0 Likes
Sahil_K

Hi @Mohit123 ,

As mentioned, whenever the BDRV diagnostic is on, the motor does not start. Please let us know the following details:

• To determine whether the MCU is experiencing an overtemperature fault, can you please check the status of the TEMPSENSE_CTRL?
  • Is the code entering the “if condition” at line number 124 in the code?

sk7211_0-1694586374849.png

• BDRV_off_Diagnosis is called at line number 123, this function turns off all the drivers at line 452 of BDRV_off_Diagnosis() function, as shown in the image below, Could you please re-enable the BDRV and let us know your observation?

sk7211_1-1694586425839.png

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes