Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FranzRibcek
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi, I'm working with a TLE9893 microcontroller and I need to keep track of the occurence of hardware resets. Paragraph 5.6.5 of the user manual describes the different reset types but I haven't quite understood how they work.

What is a RESET_TYPE_x? Where do I find it? How can I log its occurence?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After a second read of the mentioned paragraph, I seem to understand that RESET_TYPE's define subsets of registers which are subjected to reset. For example, RESET_TYPE_1 kind of event could trigger the reset of Register1 and Register2, wherease a RESET_TYPE_2 kind of event would cause Register2 and Register3 reset but not Register1. Am I right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @FranzRibcek ,

The reset type and its effect can be understood using the following matrix:

Raj_JC_0-1690198936564.png

For example, as given in the TLE989x user manual:

Wake-up from Sleep mode: all SFRs with RESET_3/4/5/6 are reset; before the  user software runs, the start-up firmware in BootROM does the necessary settings”  (SLEEPEX_RST)

This means that when the device was in sleep mode and because of the wakeup signal the device will enter active mode. At this moment only registers categorized in the reset type 3,4,5 and 6 will get reset. All the other registers categorized in the type 0, 1, and 2 will not be affected.

To get the reset status you can read the Reset Status Register value. Please refer to it from the user manual:

Raj_JC_1-1690198936571.png

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Raj_C
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @FranzRibcek ,

The reset type and its effect can be understood using the following matrix:

Raj_JC_0-1690198936564.png

For example, as given in the TLE989x user manual:

Wake-up from Sleep mode: all SFRs with RESET_3/4/5/6 are reset; before the  user software runs, the start-up firmware in BootROM does the necessary settings”  (SLEEPEX_RST)

This means that when the device was in sleep mode and because of the wakeup signal the device will enter active mode. At this moment only registers categorized in the reset type 3,4,5 and 6 will get reset. All the other registers categorized in the type 0, 1, and 2 will not be affected.

To get the reset status you can read the Reset Status Register value. Please refer to it from the user manual:

Raj_JC_1-1690198936571.png

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari