BLDC motor not running the same in both direction with BLDC shield TLE9879

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
bldclover
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked 5 sign-ins

Hi everyone, 

We are working with a BLDC motor (see attached below) and the BLDC shield TLE9879. We are using the Hall sensors. 

When can spin the motor fine in one direction (low current consumption) but in the other direction current consumption is too high (we've tested with no load and load on motor). We also found a phase (U, V, W) configuration where when we switch cables for Hall sensors the problem reverses (the direction that had low current consumption has high consumption and direction that had high consumption has low consumption). 

We've tried playing with the parameters of the board (delay angle and HALL_INPUT_A/B/C) but we haven't seen any improvement during operation. 

Does anyone have an explanation for this problem? Is it possible the board doesn't support bi-directional control (there is nothing about this in board documentation)?

Also, is it possible to get a clear explanation of the different parameters for the BLDC Shield?

Kind regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @bldclover,

Could you please confirm whether you have followed the steps mentioned in the following thread to resolve the setParameter issue?

https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/BLDC-SHIELD-TLE9879-setParameter-Working/td-p/383020

After implementing changes for setParameter and configuring the motor parameters correctly, please let us know for changing the direction what are the commands being sent. If possible, please share the operation video of the BLDC motor in the forward and reverse direction with current consumption.

Please refer to the attached document for a brief explanation of the Hall Parameters.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @bldclover,

Could you please confirm whether you have followed the steps mentioned in the following thread to resolve the setParameter issue?

https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/BLDC-SHIELD-TLE9879-setParameter-Working/td-p/383020

After implementing changes for setParameter and configuring the motor parameters correctly, please let us know for changing the direction what are the commands being sent. If possible, please share the operation video of the BLDC motor in the forward and reverse direction with current consumption.

Please refer to the attached document for a brief explanation of the Hall Parameters.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
bldclover
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked 5 sign-ins

Hi, I've tried to flash the BLDC shield following instructions as described in the post you send, following the instructions provided in the BLDC shied zip file provided by Infineon (BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 - Infineon Technologies) and I've gotten the two following errors: wrong version of config wizard and missing the index.xml file (see picture attached). 

I've tried to resolve the first issue by using Solved: config wizard 1.x ?? - Infineon Developer Community but haven't gotten anywhere with this post, and I haven't found information on the second problem. I'll send a video as soon as I can

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @bldclover,

Could you please confirm if the IFX Config Wizard 1.8.7 is installed and integrated with Keil correctly?

The path at which the Keil Projects are located is very long which might cause an issue to detect the files correctly. Please change the path to the short length.

Try to use new project from the zip file available one the web.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes