BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 max speed value and setParameter()

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Julien33
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Dear community, Dear @RupakC,

In the https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOTIX-MCU/TLE9879-EvalKit-KP-KI-in-FOC-or-BEMF-mode/m-p/351725#M92... thread, I thank you for your help in the analyzing of some issues on the TLE9879 EvalKit V1.4 configurable by USB.

I have now the Arduino Shield BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 and I would like to make some tests again only by Arduino IDE.

After some testing I observe that I cannot reach more than 32.700rpm but my sensorless BLDC motor is 1 pole pair, 24VDC and 40.000rpm maximum speed >>> someone already experienced to drive its motor at more than 32k rpm values?

Maximum working voltage is 20VDC, after, the motor doesn't work. I suppose that as already solved we have to touch on the TLE9879 configuration software to work with 24VDC.

But I have no j-link debugger to reprogram the BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 >>> can I configure and change parameters only through Arduino IDE?

It makes no difference by using shields->setParameter(); function >>> how can I configure my motor in Arduino IDE?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Julien

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Julien33 ,

1. The existing FOC/BEMF code is developed such that the maximum achievable speed is 32768 rpm. You will have to make changes to the code for the higher speed.
  2. To operate for Vdc = 24V you will need to change the configwizard settings.
  3. For setParameter to work follow the steps mentioned in the following thread: BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879: setParameter() Working. 
  4. For above step 2 and step 3 you will need to program the BLDC shield using the J-Link debugger.

Please let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Julien33 ,

1. The existing FOC/BEMF code is developed such that the maximum achievable speed is 32768 rpm. You will have to make changes to the code for the higher speed.
  2. To operate for Vdc = 24V you will need to change the configwizard settings.
  3. For setParameter to work follow the steps mentioned in the following thread: BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879: setParameter() Working. 
  4. For above step 2 and step 3 you will need to program the BLDC shield using the J-Link debugger.

Please let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes