BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 logic level

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ralphk
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I would like to use the BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 with a raspberry pi instead of an arduino, should be straight forward given that the interface is just SPI.

arduino uses 5V logic. The BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 user manual does not comment on the logic level - does anyone know if the board is compatible with 3.3V logic?

Thanks,
Ralph.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ramakrishnan_MK
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

@ralphk 

The BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 has a TLE9879 controller whose VDDP (I/O port supply) needs to be 5V, without which any signal on the port will not be processed. So, this shield can only work with 5V and not 3.3V. You could look at the TLE9879QXA40 datasheet and get more information on microcontroller, mosfet drivers and other capabilities.

Regards,

Ram

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ramakrishnan_MK
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

@ralphk 

The BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879 has a TLE9879 controller whose VDDP (I/O port supply) needs to be 5V, without which any signal on the port will not be processed. So, this shield can only work with 5V and not 3.3V. You could look at the TLE9879QXA40 datasheet and get more information on microcontroller, mosfet drivers and other capabilities.

Regards,

Ram

0 Likes