BLDC_BC_BEMF_EXAMPLE_TLE987X problem

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JODL_001
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted First question asked

First of all I am a newby and I apologize at front for my questions;

With the TLE9879Evalkit I started with the BEMF example. I want only to run a small Nidec URD33 motor 12Vdc,R=0.55,L= 1.0mH typical used for running a glass plate.

The motor didn't start with the original example but was able to start the motor for a short while when I changed the parameter Start-up Acceleration from original value 2000 to 500 by using the Config Wizard for Motix.

The Evalkit is connect to a LAB power supply where I can see the current consumption and noticed that the motor stops when hitting +/- 1A.  No the current limiter of my lab supply isn't activated it is configured +/- 4A.

I have some questions :

confusing to see that there are for instance several adc1.h in the project for instance  main.c,emo.c,emo_BEMF.c , etc ...  many more and not only adc1.h files 

• The question is what and why are there and what is now really running or used from all the code that are in the project available  App ,Emo,Device  ?? 
  • where can I find some explanation what it really the  motor parameters do for instance parameter rotor alignment , ..etc ..
  • do I need to change the speed controller settings 
  • I don't know that current of +/-1 A is the issue for not continuous running of the motor but anyhow I don't find any current parameter either in the Config Wizard (2.7.2), have only :JODL_001_0-1683725373709.png
  • changing something in the config wizard will change the config.icwp but µvision (v5.38.0.0) warns you only when the icwp is open  
  • in the TAB  TLE987x Peripherals almost nothing is set  
0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @JODL_001,

The motor can stop due to incorrect configurations or tuning of the parameters. It is recommended to do the tuning correctly.

We also advise you to tune the parameters and test the operation in No load first.

For the parameter information you can refer to the document provided in the Project Directory. (path: ...\TLE9879_EvalKit\BLDC_BC_BEMF_EXAMPLE_TLE987X\Docu)

If you still face issues in running the motor using the BEMF example we recommend you to check with the Sensorless FOC example.

For the warning from the Keil IDE will be there when the defines.h file changed after saving the .icwp file and it is open in the IDE.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @JODL_001,

The motor can stop due to incorrect configurations or tuning of the parameters. It is recommended to do the tuning correctly.

We also advise you to tune the parameters and test the operation in No load first.

For the parameter information you can refer to the document provided in the Project Directory. (path: ...\TLE9879_EvalKit\BLDC_BC_BEMF_EXAMPLE_TLE987X\Docu)

If you still face issues in running the motor using the BEMF example we recommend you to check with the Sensorless FOC example.

For the warning from the Keil IDE will be there when the defines.h file changed after saving the .icwp file and it is open in the IDE.

JODL_001
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted First question asked

Hello Raj_JC,

Thanks for the description of the parameters.

I am still confused , sorry newby, on the complexity of the example program and finding multiple times the same header files ? Is there  some guiding where and what and especially when compiling what is really used ? Sorry.

So it is pure luck that the motor is switching off around +/- 1A meaning no current detection is involved ?

You recommend FOC above the BEMF  ? May I ask why  ?

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @JODL_001,

1. There are no other documents available other than those mentioned in the previous response. 

2. The motor operation may fail due to the saturation of the control loop if the parameters are not tuned properly.

3. Advantages of FOC are Maximum power output, less torque ripples, field weakening can be done, and better efficiency. 

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes