Are there three-phase induction motor controllers with integrated MCU?

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wph1995
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Hi everyone,

I'm using the IMC series from the iMOTIX family, and I'm really enjoying all the things I've been able to do. However, now I need to control a three-phase induction motor of around 600W at 22VAC x 3. I read in the IMC documentation and confirmed in this forum that I can't properly control induction motors with IMC motor controllers. Is there still an analog chip to the IMC for induction motor control?

Best Regrads,

Walter.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @wph1995,

Can you please let us know if you want an iMOTION controller(IPM+MCE) to control single-phase 220V induction motor? If Yes, We do not have any solution with iMOTION for single-phase induction motor control.

For integrated IC with ( IPM + MCE) for three-phase motor control please consider using IMI111T-046H or IMM101T-046M( IPM+ MCE) with a maximum power of 70W without the heat sink. For more details please refer to the product link provided.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @wph1995,

The iMOTION does not support closed-loop control of Induction motors. For more details on Open-loop control of induction motor please refer to AN2019-18 Induction motor control by iMOTION™

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,
Krupashankar
0 Likes

Hello @Krupashankar  ,

I don't want to use an IMC to implement closed-loop control with an induction motor. I would like to know if there is any specialized integrated controller + MCU for induction motors, similar to how TLE987x is a solution for three-phase BLDC control or IMCs are solutions for BLDC and PMSM motors. Is there any specialized family for the control of 220VAC induction motors?.

Regards.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @wph1995,

Can you please let us know if you want an iMOTION controller(IPM+MCE) to control single-phase 220V induction motor? If Yes, We do not have any solution with iMOTION for single-phase induction motor control.

For integrated IC with ( IPM + MCE) for three-phase motor control please consider using IMI111T-046H or IMM101T-046M( IPM+ MCE) with a maximum power of 70W without the heat sink. For more details please refer to the product link provided.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes