Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi, 

I am working with tle9877x, issue that I am facing while working with the TLE9877 series controller. I have taken the Infineon reference FOC LIN example code from Keil Pack 1.5.2 and imported it successfully. However, when I changed the target from TLE9879QXA40 to TLE9877QXA20.

rohitrawat_1-1680057085445.png

I have tried changing the target controller from Keil->project->Option->Device->TLE9877QXA20. However, this has not resolved the issue, Keil threw an error and the code did not build.

Note : I have also tried changing the target to TLE9879QXA20 and TLE9877QXA40, but the error still occurs, attaching code also.

I would appreciate it if you could guide me on any other way to change the target controller. Your assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @rohitrawat ,

All the configurations won't be reflected when switching from TLE9879QXA40 to TLE9877QXA20, so kindly ensure that you have the same settings in the config wizard of both the ICs. Please review the config wizard settings for the original code sample "TLE9879QXA40 BLDC FOC SENSORLESS LIN (TLE9879 EvalKit)" as a point of reference. And make the changes according to your application.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sahil_K

Hi @rohitrawat ,

Due to the absence of the foc defines.h file, Keil IDE is issuing an error. After selecting the TLE9877 device from the target two files miss out from the Project i.e foc_defines and FOC_Motorcontrol.xml (used for Config Wizard). In order to resolve this problem, please include these files at the location: -

BLDC_SENSORLESS_FOC_LIN_EXAMPLE_TLE987X->RTE->Device->TLE9877QXA20

Also for the proper working of the config wizard please follow the given steps: -
1) Please open the Config Wizard for the MOTIX from the Tool option in Keil IDE.
2) Go to Extras->open XML then select the FOC_Motorcontrol.xml to include FOC settings in Config Wizard.
3) Now save and replace it with the existing config.icwp file.

Rebuild the project, and now the error will resolve.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi Sahil,

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I am pleased to inform you that the code has built successfully, and I appreciate your guidance in this matter.

However, I have come across a new issue that I would like to discuss with you. When I run the motor after the build process, the current waveform looks different from before. I have attached the waveforms of the motor's phase current for comparison.

Please note that the hardware, software, and motor are all the same, and the only change is the controller.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the waveforms and let me know what you think might be causing the issue. Any suggestions you may have would be most helpful.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best Regards,

Rohit Rawat

0 Likes
Sahil_K

Hi @rohitrawat ,

All the configurations won't be reflected when switching from TLE9879QXA40 to TLE9877QXA20, so kindly ensure that you have the same settings in the config wizard of both the ICs. Please review the config wizard settings for the original code sample "TLE9879QXA40 BLDC FOC SENSORLESS LIN (TLE9879 EvalKit)" as a point of reference. And make the changes according to your application.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes