12V Motor Control Kit - example code??

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
siccodwars
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I purchased both the 12V Motor Control Kit and a TLE9879EVALKIT.

I did all the installs as suggested. After downgrading from ARM Compiler 6 to version 5, I eventually managed to run some of the example codes for the TLE8979EVALKIT. Can blink a LED ok. However, I also have the 12V Kit. Handy I thought, because it has a motor and some sensors wired for me already... Now my problem: I reflashed some of the EVALKIT example codes into the 12V kit. In my ignorance I assumed 12Vkit uses the same sensor and motor as used in the TLE8979EVALKIT examples... But I got half baked results: poorly spinning motor. It looked as if the Hall sensors and the other sensor were not properly addressed/wired.  Motor getting hot... So I wanted to get back to the original code that was loaded in the 12V kit before I reflashed. But I just cannot find it. So my question: where do I get the code (the Keil uVision project, the 'Pack', the 'Example code' so that I can recompile and spin my 12V Motor Control Kit motor again??  

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @siccodwars 

Please find the example code in the attachment. 

Kindly note that this is only a maker level code. We do not provide support for the code. However, you can use it to test your 12V motor control kit. 

Regards

RupakC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
siccodwars
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

More questions on this 12V demo/eval kit: my aim is to drive a Maxon 16mm BLDC motor. Application is space (volume) constraint. So I want as little wires as possible between motor/sensors and board with the TLE9879. I would expect that with Maxon SSI absolute encoder, that I can ditch the Hall sensors so that I ditch Hall sensor wires. I'm assuming Maxon use something like the TLE 5012B (t.b.c.). So before I design my board (without Hall commutation wires but with SSI or BiSSC)  I'd like to use the "12V Motor Control Kit" and run an example that is "BLDC GMR-Based Angle Sensor No_Hall". But I cannot find anything like that. Nothing at all actually for "Driving BLDC motor with TLE5012B". I cannot believe Infineon would ship these 12V Kits, wire up the relevant sensors, but not provide relevant example code for it. Any hints appreciated. Please.     

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @siccodwars 

Please find the example code in the attachment. 

Kindly note that this is only a maker level code. We do not provide support for the code. However, you can use it to test your 12V motor control kit. 

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes

Thank you RupakC. That recompiled and loaded OK in my 12VMotorControlKit. So the number of pole pairs is 7 for the motor in this kit. But I'm still a bit confused: Why does this kit come with 3 Hall sensors that are prewired and preconfigured for only one pole pair motors while the motor is 7 pole pairs?

Why is this example named "BLDC: Motor Drive with block commutation and Hall sensor" while Hall sensors are not 'ticked', and not wired up in the ConfigWizard? I mean how can it be that the kit is wired up with its Hall sensors on P1.2, P1.3, P1.4 while the project is configured with P1.3, P2.3, P0.2? 

I had expected that the TLE5012B chip on the bottom pcb in the kit would be used in Hall sensor mode, because then we can select 7 pole pairs so 7x more pulses per 360 deg motor revolution. But then the TLE5012B needs to be reconfigured from IIF mode to HSM mode which this code does not seem to do? 

0 Likes

Ah, the Hall sensors do the 7 pole pairs - my mistake. But in the example code they're not preset properly to the TLE9879 pins that they are wired to in the 12Vkit... 

0 Likes

Rupak, when using this code and following document 'https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Getting_Started_Guide_Motor_Control_Kit-GettingStarted-v01_00... the kit does not work properly for me. It does the calibrate steps OK in the first minute, but if thereafter I increase the poti from 0 to something, then the motor makes noise but does not spin.

The only way I could get it spinning decently was after commenting out line 146 in main.c, the line that says 'if(tValue >= 0x4000)'.

Not amused by all of this.  

Code in main() looks buggy to me. As if some last minute bad edits were done prior to shipping these kits? 

Also: it doesn't look like speed control is being attempted here. It's more like torque commanding (duty cycle) from the poti value? 

0 Likes
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @siccodwars,

As stated earlier this code is only maker code and we will not be able to provide further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes