BTN8982ta Current calculation

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saran
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked
I am using BTN8982TA IC. In that IC, i am getting voltage as 1.93 in IS pin, and i am using Rs as 3.6K.

How to calculate IL load current by using these values?

How to find the dkilis value?
0 Likes
1 Solution
MMA
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Hi,
please have a look at the datasheet of the device. You can find it under below link. Rs of 3k6 seems too high. We usually recommend 1k. The IS pin provides a current which consists of two components:
- offset current
- sense current which is ILOAD/dKilis.

The offset current can be measured when the low side switch is active (IN =0) and this value need to be substracted form the IS when high side is active. Current sensing is only active when high side switch is active.
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/motor-control-ics/brushed-dc-motor-driver-ics/single-h...

On the above web page you can find application notes and simulation tools in addition.
Best regards
mma

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MMA
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Hi,
please have a look at the datasheet of the device. You can find it under below link. Rs of 3k6 seems too high. We usually recommend 1k. The IS pin provides a current which consists of two components:
- offset current
- sense current which is ILOAD/dKilis.

The offset current can be measured when the low side switch is active (IN =0) and this value need to be substracted form the IS when high side is active. Current sensing is only active when high side switch is active.
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/motor-control-ics/brushed-dc-motor-driver-ics/single-h...

On the above web page you can find application notes and simulation tools in addition.
Best regards
mma