Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vedral
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, please can you recommend me driver for hight power transistor and transistors? Please transistors which can not heat to much. Our voltage on transistors is maximum 100 V and our max current is about 5 A. But we can use transistors more powerful. For example 100 - 150 V and 30 A or more. We can not add any chiller on transistors. Can you recommend me optimal combination your driver and your transistors for our parameters? Transistors will be used in ultrasonic cutter switched in 40 kHz.

0 Likes
1 Solution
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked First question asked 100 sign-ins
0 Likes
7 Replies
Dipti_Kiran
250 sign-ins 10 likes received 50 replies posted

Hi @Vedral ,

The MOSFETs that are available between 100 and 150 V are listed below.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/mosfet/n-channel/85v-300v/?filterValues=~(869_max~(lef...

It is suggested to choose a device with a lower Rds(on) in order to have lower losses and produce less heat.

May I know the below mentioned details for the selection of the gate driver:

1. Application in which gate driver is being used
  2. Switch you have selected in your application from the above list.
  3. Peak gate current Ig(source/sink)
  4. Drive voltage (Vgs)
  5. Operating voltage of gate driver

You may also filter out  different gate driver as per your application needs from the link below:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/#!products

Regards,

Dipti

0 Likes

And please which transistor driver is the best for our aplication ultrasonic cutter according to you? Thank you for your reply. Regards Willy

0 Likes
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee

ISC080N10NM6 + 2EDF7275F 

0 Likes
Vedral
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you. And please in P-channel? 

0 Likes

Use two N-channel. You drive two N-channel half-bridge MOSFETs with the driver

0 Likes
Vedral
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, but my engineer said that for us are better two p-channel. I will order both and we will try. 

Please just tell me what p-channel are the best for us? 

0 Likes
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee

Maybe the best thing is to share your schematics. You can´t generally achieve the same parameters and performance with P-channel MOSFETs. I mean Rdson, fast Qrr and so on. 

0 Likes