XMC Multilevel Booster Charger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
FeAs_4655086
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I want to use a three level booster  with 12V-48V  battery voltage to boost voltage up to 400 volts.  A 400 volts input can also be used to charge the battery. I have enclosed simulation diagrams. Please let me know if lead acid battery will be able to withstand 200 volts negative voltage. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks again for your reply. I meant  200 volts on negative terminal. Does anyone know lead acid battery manufacturers that can withstand this?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

As per the query, can you please tell me about the need for negative 200 withstanding voltage?
Also, please share the battery specification to confirm on the capability of the battery.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

The design requires the battery to withstand 200 volts negative potential. Was thinking of using hoppecke solar batteries.

Please find simulation link below.

https://design.infineon.com/tinaui/designer.php?c=620a2176810db

0 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

After doing the simulation for the circuit you have sent, I cannot find any negative voltage in the results. Please tell us where you are getting or applying this negative 200 voltage?

For battery capacity, please contact the battery manufacturing company support team.
Please let me know if you have any further query.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Likes

Thanks again for your reply. I meant  200 volts on negative terminal. Does anyone know lead acid battery manufacturers that can withstand this?

0 Likes

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

As per my search, I have found no lead-acid batteries can withstand such. I suggest you to please check with the manufacturing company about this.
I am sorry that I cannot guide on you battery manufacturing companies as it is against our policies.
Please let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes