Thermal Resistance Rthjc(junction-to-Top) and Rthjc(Junction-to-Bottom) of IAUC120N06S5L032

Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mac_Komatsubara
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
First solution authored 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Regarding the thermal resistance value of the IAUC120N06S5L032, Rthjc (Junction-to-Bottom) is 1.6K/W, which can be read from the datasheet, but what is Rthjc (Junction-to-Top)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Infineon Community. We didn't do this simulation for Psi-jt value yet. 

But in principle this value should be bigger than Rthjc. It means the temperature of case top is lower than case bottom. 

Normally we take care more about Rthjc, could you please tell me why you need thermal resistance from junction to case top?

BR,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Infineon Community. We didn't do this simulation for Psi-jt value yet. 

But in principle this value should be bigger than Rthjc. It means the temperature of case top is lower than case bottom. 

Normally we take care more about Rthjc, could you please tell me why you need thermal resistance from junction to case top?

BR,

Xiangrui

Mac_Komatsubara
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
First solution authored 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Dear Xiangrui,

Thank you for your reply.

Although it is difficult to understand the details, it is to perform thermal analysis and verify how the thermal interference with the surroundings will be.
I wanted you to tell me if there was a numerical value, so if there is no value, there is no problem.

Best Regard,

MAC_Komatsubara

0 Likes