Spice model issue in LTspice

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlexNguyen
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Infineon team,

I have an issue with using Infineon Spice model in LTspice as shown in attached picture. I think it is about the setting up of Tj and T1 terminals for junction temperature and case temperature. 

The device I use is IPWS65R022CFD7A.

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Many thanks.

Alex

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @AlexNguyen ,

I understand the issue now. Basically, all Infineon MOSFET Simulation models are validated in SIMetrix. Most of the models work well with LTSpice as well, but few result in errors. The team is already working on these models to make it LTSpice compatible.

Coming back to your question regarding the steps to create the symbol in LTSpice, the method that you are following is correct. cool_techxx is the subcircuit definitions which requires no action from the user. 

And for your validation of IPWS65R022CFD7A, please try using SIMetrix. I've tested this model in a sample test bench in SIMetrix and it works fine. I'm hopeful that you will get the required results. Kindly let us know if you face error even with SIMetrix.

Regards

Meghana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Meghana

Hello @AlexNguyen ,

Tj terminal is provided for the user to measure the junction temperature. It need not be connected to any electrical network. But Tcase has to be connected to a potential which indicates the case temperature limit or RC network depending on the thermal arrangement in the specific application, as shown in the below figure.

Meghana_0-1663924292528.png

Kindly modify the simulation circuit accordingly and let us know if you still face any errors. The application note which provides a detailed explanation of Infineon simulation models is also provided below for your reference. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ApplicationNote_PowerMOSFET_SimulationModels-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf...

Please feel free to reach out to us if you face any further errors.

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes
lock attach
AlexNguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Meghana,

Thank you for your prompt feedback. I still have errors, so I will need your help. I tried to follow a previous discussion on this topic "https://community.infineon.com/t5/MOSFET-Si-SiC/Mosfet-spice-model-error-in-LTSPICE/m-p/355427#M247"... but still face some errors. I attached some pictures as below.

In my case, I want to evaluate switching losses with case temperature of IPWS65R022CFD7A, so I select level 3 model - IPWS65R022CFD7A_L3, as in the picture. Right clicking this name  IPWS65R022CFD7A_L3 of the sub-circuit, I can create a model.

But when I put the model in simulation, errors show up as in the attach picture.

Also, there are multiple "cool_tech" sub-circuits in the Lib file, do I need to do anything with them?

Do you have any step-by-step instruction that I can follow? Even better if you can send us a simple simulation circuit in LTspice...

Thank you very much.

Regards,

0 Likes
lock attach
AlexNguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Infineon team,

I also would like to add my simulation file and .lib file here in case you need to check my simulation for better support.

Thanks and regards,

Alex

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @AlexNguyen ,

I understand the issue now. Basically, all Infineon MOSFET Simulation models are validated in SIMetrix. Most of the models work well with LTSpice as well, but few result in errors. The team is already working on these models to make it LTSpice compatible.

Coming back to your question regarding the steps to create the symbol in LTSpice, the method that you are following is correct. cool_techxx is the subcircuit definitions which requires no action from the user. 

And for your validation of IPWS65R022CFD7A, please try using SIMetrix. I've tested this model in a sample test bench in SIMetrix and it works fine. I'm hopeful that you will get the required results. Kindly let us know if you face error even with SIMetrix.

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @AlexNguyen ,

Could you try the simulation in Simetrix? Please let us know if any further support is needed on this topic.

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes