Spice model accuracy for IAUC90N10S5N062

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Sankheaditya
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am trying to simulate IAUC90N10S5N062 spice model but without even providing Vgs, i can see Vd=Vs=12V. Is the spice model  accurate? See attached pictures

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thankyou for posting on the Infineon Community. 

Observations from your attached schematics and waveforms,

1) The gate voltage should be given between gate and source. In your schematics it is given between gate and drain.
2) From the waveform figure, I can see that Vin is around 12 V which is expected. When the switch is turned off, then across the drain and source, the Vin voltage appears. Which can be seen in your waveform. Please try capturing the current waveform during this condition. It is expected to be around 0A. Attached the waveforms and schematics that I have tried out on my side,

Abhilash_P_0-1657696599215.png

Abhilash_P_1-1657696661043.png

Regards,
Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thankyou for posting on the Infineon Community. 

Observations from your attached schematics and waveforms,

1) The gate voltage should be given between gate and source. In your schematics it is given between gate and drain.
2) From the waveform figure, I can see that Vin is around 12 V which is expected. When the switch is turned off, then across the drain and source, the Vin voltage appears. Which can be seen in your waveform. Please try capturing the current waveform during this condition. It is expected to be around 0A. Attached the waveforms and schematics that I have tried out on my side,

Abhilash_P_0-1657696599215.png

Abhilash_P_1-1657696661043.png

Regards,
Abhilash P

0 Likes
Sankheaditya
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Abhilash,

My bad , yes the model works correctly (Not sure what i was thinking while simulating this) . Thanks for the help.

0 Likes