Selecting an inverter topology

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Leeneulpu
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi

I am investigating an inverter topology for use in an eVTOL system. The DC-link voltage is 800V and the semiconductor devices are SiC MOSFET devices. I would appreciate your opinion on which inverter topology I should select.

0 Likes
1 Solution
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

A classic two-level inverter at 100kHz it´s the simplest one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Akhil_B
250 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

Dear @Leeneulpu 

Good Day!!

Can you please let me know about your power rating, currents, and voltage levels (Input and output side).

For this applications 2 level inverter can be used but depends on your power level.

I have attached the solution of 2 level inverter from Infineon, with the SiC MOSFETs used.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN-HPDKIT-SiC_QuickStartGuide_V1.1-UserManual-v01_01-EN.pdf?f...

Please refer to the user guide for more information.

Also if you would like to simulate your test condition, depending on the topology, please use IPOSIM. Here you can simulate the different topology and the respective modules accordingly. The link is provided below

https://iposim.infineon.com/application/en/topology

Here you can select your topology (Industrial or Automotive qualification) and also the topology required.

BandaruAkhil_0-1691402523167.png

Please let me know if further support is required.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.

Vdc = 800V
The goal is to build a 100kW inverter.

I am considering whether to use a 2L-VSI or a 3L inverter (NPC, T-type NPC, ANPC).
I would appreciate your opinion on this.

0 Likes
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

A classic two-level inverter at 100kHz it´s the simplest one.

0 Likes