Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I'm interested in learning about the dynamic characterization data published in the datasheet of IPB072N15N3 G FET. In particular, can you please explain the setup that was used in measuring rise time, fall time, turn-on and turn-off delay times? Was the data published based on double pulse testing?

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-IPP075N15N3-DS-v02_06-en.pdf?fileId=db3a304319c6f18c0119cd76c...

Thank you.

1 Solution
vigneshkumar
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello,

You can use the same MOSFET on the top side switch.

In general,we consider only the package parasitics for the Simetrix simulation.

Regards

Vignesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon community. 

Please refer the below image/circuit used for measuring the dynamic characteristics of a MOSFET,

Abhilash_P_0-1703048042750.png

These dynamic values are measured at a particular condition specified in the datasheet. 

Regards,
Abhilash P

0 Likes
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abhilash,

Thank you for the comment. It appears that the top device is a diode (instead of the same FET). What is the model ID of the top side device? Can you please share the switching waveforms?

0 Likes
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

We can even use a MOSFET on the top side. It is a basic dpt test bench used to measure the dynamic characteristics.

Regards,
Abhilash P

0 Likes
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I agree. However, the challenge I'm facing right now is to compare my DPT results with that published in Infineon's datasheet. Because DPT parameters depend on factors such as to side device, power loop inductance, load inductor, type of gate driver, gate loop inductance etc, I'd like to understand your setup a little better. I'm hoping this helps correlate your data with mine. Can you share the switching waveform (Vds, Vgs, Ids) captured from your DPT test? 

0 Likes
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abhilash, following up to see if you can provide any additional information regarding my request. Thank you.

0 Likes
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abhilash, hope you had a great holiday break. When can we discuss my application request? To reiterate, I'm requesting for clarity on the double pulse test setup that was used to publish datasheet for the IPB072N15N3 G FET. Gathering raw switching data that was used to extract switching parameters would be a good first step. Thank you.

0 Likes
vigneshkumar

Hello,

You can use the same MOSFET on the top side switch.

In general,we consider only the package parasitics for the Simetrix simulation.

Regards

Vignesh

0 Likes
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Vignesh,

Do you mean that the switching time parameters in the datasheet are based on Simetrix simulations? But not real circuit measurements?

0 Likes
vigneshkumar

Hello,

We use Simetrix simulation with L1 Spice models for all the Characterisation.

Regards

Vignesh

0 Likes
tk_18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vignesh,

Are all of Infineon's datasheets published based on Simetrix simulations?