Announcements

Live Webinar: Solving the challenges in xEV power conversions | March 7 @9am & 5pm CET. Register now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
anand97
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi, i'm working on DC chopper circuit in LTSpice. In the design, i'm using the model IAUS300N08S5N012T_L1 model provided by Infineon. But, while simulate it, the simulation takes too long and also struck in between. What might be the possible issue? Is anything going wrong? Attached the image for your reference.

And, kindly help me with some example circuit on using these MOSFETs in LTSpice.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Attached the updated schematics and waveforms,

Abhilash_P_0-1696867177380.png

Regards,
Abhilash P

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon community.

These simulators uses numerical approximations for derivatives and that presents a problem in itself when the circuit time constant is very fast. The common way to deal with this is to slow down the time constant that is giving the problem. This means either increasing the resistance or increasing the capacitance  that makes the time constant longer.  This of course means the circuit has to be altered from what you really want it to be, but you may be able to find a way to deal with that by changing something else like perhaps slowing down all the time constants and then scaling up the results. One more method by which this can be solved is to switch the solver from normal to alternate. You will find this option in the "hammer" icon and the tab with the spice.

Also also if possible please share the LTspice schematics file. I will try solving it on my side.

Regards,
Abhilash P

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
anand97
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your reply. 

As you suggest, I will change those setting in my LTSpice tool.

The main reason for going with such small resistor values is to check the max load capability and thermal dissipation of the MOSFET. Anyhow will do those changes and try simulating.

Also, attached the LTSpice file for your reference. Let me know if you found any issue in assigning the MOSFET model.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Attached the screenshot of the circuit that I simulated on my end. I didnt encounter any issues while simulating. Please let me know if you are still seeing the time step issue after changing the solver setting as explained in my previous response. 

Abhilash_P_0-1696860829997.png

Regards,
Abhilash P

0 Likes
anand97
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your input. But, doesn't the push-pull section should be of P-MOS and N-MOS? 

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Attached the updated schematics and waveforms,

Abhilash_P_0-1696867177380.png

Regards,
Abhilash P

anand97
Level 2
Level 2