ISO1H816G SPI control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20622
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First solution authored First reply posted
All:
After reading the datasheet, I am unclear what SPI to send to the device. I know it is 8-bit SPI, but how do I turn on channel 1, turn off channel 1, etc?

Does the string consist of 3-bits for channel, and one bit for on/off? What is the format of the command?

Regards,
Todd Anderson
0 Likes
1 Solution
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
Datasheet about the input pin SI: SI information is read in on the rising edge of the SCLK. Input data is latched in the shift register and then transferred to the control buffer of the output stages. Databit D7 corresponds to Output OUT7 and D6 to OUT6 etc.
4864.attach

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
User20622
Level 2
Level 2
I have included an example of the type of information needed in order to work on supporting code for SPI. This is from a Microchip SPI expansion device. It is not a direct competitor for the Isolated ISO1H816G, but it demonstrates
the needed SPI support:

4853.attach

Regards,
Todd Anderson
0 Likes
User20622
Level 2
Level 2
Anything further on this?

Regards,
Todd Anderson
0 Likes
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
Datasheet about the input pin SI: SI information is read in on the rising edge of the SCLK. Input data is latched in the shift register and then transferred to the control buffer of the output stages. Databit D7 corresponds to Output OUT7 and D6 to OUT6 etc.
4864.attach
0 Likes