IPL60R185P7 Qoss charger/discharger question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WEN-YUNG
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hello IFXer,

I would like to know the double pulse test by simulation can get the hysteresis loss for Qoss charger/discharger curve?

WENYUNG_2-1679995287348.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The Eoss loss can be calculated from the shared Excel sheet. If you open the excel, from the following image you can get the Eoss at different capacitance values named as Case 1 to 15. 

Abhilash_P_0-1680505827276.png

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Dear  , You can get complete Eoss losses with double pulse stimulation, including non-linear range. I´m attaching the simulation you are asking.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much! it's very import for me.

May I know how to use the file to simulation?  and my simulation tool is SIMPLS.

0 Likes
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

We simulated the data (double pulse) and put it into the Exel table. You can find Vgs, Vds, Ids, and Energy. The simulation is for different parallel capacitors 30-60pF. You can extract the switching figure from the file, integrate the losses and get the Eoff number. But I think you can simulate the same result on your own with SIMPLS (it will show a similar result). We simulated it to get Eoff losses. 

0 Likes

Dear Sir,

I'm sorry and I still no ideal how to use the excel's Eloss_Calc sheet to get hysteresis loss...

further question is that I saw the IEEE paper as following, which could measurement for hysteresis of the Coss of SJ MOSFET, but I still set up fail by simplis, could you help us to advise your suggestion? thanks!

Investigation of the Hysteresis of the Output Capacitance of MOSFETs

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9632026

DPT

WENYUNG_2-1680147294213.png

WENYUNG_1-1680147268202.png

Sawyer-Tower

WENYUNG_3-1680148108297.pngWENYUNG_4-1680148125486.png

0 Likes
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The Eoss loss can be calculated from the shared Excel sheet. If you open the excel, from the following image you can get the Eoss at different capacitance values named as Case 1 to 15. 

Abhilash_P_0-1680505827276.png

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes