IDP2303A communication protocol

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fionut
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello

I know I have posted in the wrong section, but I could not find any section dedicated to SMPS controllers , under power category.

IDP2303A PFC+LLC controller can be programmed with .dp Interface Gen2

Is the communication protocol an open source one or .dp Interface Gen2 is the only tool which can talk with IDP2303A?

Are anywhere described the commands and registers inside IDP2303A? Can i interface IDP2303A with a microcontroller ?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Since this issue was continued in the following thread, I will go ahead and close this issue. 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-Management-ICs/IDP2303A-startup/td-p/325852

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

"Is the communication protocol an open source one or .dp Interface Gen2 is the only tool which can talk with IDP2303A?"

.dp interface Gen 2 is the GUI tool which can be used to set, test and burn parameters to create complete environment for application development. 

"Are anywhere described the commands and registers inside IDP2303A? Can i interface IDP2303A with a microcontroller ?"

Can I please know the reason for this requirement?   IDP2303A is already a PFC+LLC controller. Using .dp vision GUI, we can set the parameters. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes
fionut
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

I need to fimetune startup parameters of my prototype smps made with IDP2303A.

Everything else works fine, except it does not start up for full load range given the output capacitors that I have.  

For a protoype level, I was hoping to not need the .dp programmer, for mere setting of one parameter.

That it is why I have asked if there is a documentation regarding how to communicate with the IC over MFIO pin. 

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

No, it is not available. You can check the details of .dp programmer from the below link,

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/if-board.dp-gen2/

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

Thank you

My problem with IDP2303A is that it wont startup in full load (only at about 75% of load) with my current output capacitors. If I decrease them, then it does startup, but the ripple is higher.

Can you point it out to me what parameters should I modify with  .dp programmer in order to have successfull startup in full load?

I know there are parameters associated with the startup, but they are not very well described (page 30 in datasheet).  Can you provide more informations on this ? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Since this issue was continued in the following thread, I will go ahead and close this issue. 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-Management-ICs/IDP2303A-startup/td-p/325852

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes