IAUS300N08S5N014T Pad Question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chrisxsalvo
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I have a question about the the footprint for this device.  Why is there a copper pad underneath the MOSFET if its topside cooled?

Second question:  Is the copper pad needed, if it is, then can I leave the pad unconnected?  If not needed, can I just remove the copper from my board.

This is for a power supply design.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @chrisxsalvo ,

There is no copper pad underneath the topside cooled MOSFETs. Please refer to the image below. 

Meghana_1-1652329444619.png

The image on the left shows the bottom side of the component and the right one shows the top side of the component. Same has been indicated in the package outline provided in the part datasheet. 

Meghana_2-1652329788002.png

If you are looking for footprint creation guidelines for the above part, then you may refer to below link.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/packages/PG-HDSOP/PG-HDSOP-16-2/

Please let me know if you require further clarification. 

Regards

Meghana R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @chrisxsalvo ,

There is no copper pad underneath the topside cooled MOSFETs. Please refer to the image below. 

Meghana_1-1652329444619.png

The image on the left shows the bottom side of the component and the right one shows the top side of the component. Same has been indicated in the package outline provided in the part datasheet. 

Meghana_2-1652329788002.png

If you are looking for footprint creation guidelines for the above part, then you may refer to below link.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/packages/PG-HDSOP/PG-HDSOP-16-2/

Please let me know if you require further clarification. 

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes