Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mac_Kurosawa
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored 10 replies posted

We are considering replacing IPC70N04S5-4R6 with IAUCN04S7N030, but I have some questions regarding the SOA, so I'd like to ask.

IAUCN04S7N030 seems to be a product of new technology, with lower On resistance and larger Id compared to IPC70N04S5-4R6.

However, when looking at the SOA, it appears that IAUCN04S7N030 has weaker tolerance in the low pulse range (1~10us). What could be the reason for this?

I would like to know if it is due to structural changes, changes in evaluation, or if there are other reasons.

Mac_Kurosawa_0-1709277264669.png

Mac_Kurosawa_1-1709277289850.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

With every new technology dice got smaller, Rdson lower, Qg and Qoss smaller. It improves performance and reduces conduction and switching losses. But smaller die size automatically makes worse SOA. If you have deal with linear mode (even short time) you should consider the LinearFET series.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
cynic_bandera
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

With every new technology dice got smaller, Rdson lower, Qg and Qoss smaller. It improves performance and reduces conduction and switching losses. But smaller die size automatically makes worse SOA. If you have deal with linear mode (even short time) you should consider the LinearFET series.

0 Likes